Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non-sporting yips

I've not cracked open my morning fried egg without the yolk breaking for over a week now. I think I've lost it. What skills have you fine people unaccountably lost, and (how) did you get them back? 

Comments

• I make a lot of typos and frequently have to edit my posts. The ones that really annoy me are confusing homophones such as there/their. I wouldn't mind, but I know all that stuff and have since primary school. Why it should re-surface I don't know. 
  • To remember not to open the, Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours thread. 

Because even if there’s over 100 new posts, knowing full well that it’ll be just a load of ol’ bollox or the endless Alfie May monotony by the same people who clearly live in the 🧵 day in day out!
  • Stig said:
    Leuth said:
    I've not cracked open my morning fried egg without the yolk breaking for over a week now. I think I've lost it. What skills have you fine people unaccountably lost, and (how) did you get them back? 
    Mrs Stig was struggling so much with her egg cracking, that I had to work with her to try and sort the problem. I found that she'd started doing a double tap for some reason. The first tap broke the shell and the second was putting the back of the knife (always use the back of the knife) through the yolk. All back to normal now, perfect eggs every time.

Stig (ECPC*) 

*Egg Cracking Performance Coach. ECPC is pronounced Easy Peasy - Geddit? 
    Are you having your eggs ‘overeasy’ and having peas as an accompaniment? If so, then that’s marvelous wordplay. 🤪
  • edited June 23
    Stig said:
    Leuth said:
    Mrs Stig was struggling so much with her egg cracking, that I had to work with her to try and sort the problem. I found that she'd started doing a double tap for some reason. The first tap broke the shell and the second was putting the back of the knife (always use the back of the knife) through the yolk. All back to normal now, perfect eggs every time.

Stig (ECPC*) 

Are you having your eggs ‘overeasy’ and having peas as an accompaniment? If so, then that’s marvelous wordplay. 🤪
  • Stig said:
    Leuth said:

Stig (ECPC*) 

Wouldn't EZPZ be betterer, especially if you are NorthernAmerican.
  • I can’t crack and egg for love nor money and I’m having difficulty carving chicken. I can’t remember which affliction came first. 
    Try buying some decent knives rather than trying to use a teaspoon for both tasks. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I can’t crack and egg for love nor money and I’m having difficulty carving chicken. I can’t remember which affliction came first. 
    Make sure the chicken is dead.
  • Mickey Drips. 
  • Mickey Drips. 
    NO SUCH THING AS MICKEY DRIPS!!!
  • My name is Phil. About 50% of the time when I type my name, my fingers stray one letter to the left for the last two letters of my name. The result: Phuk.
    I'd like to think you are based in Phuket.
  • Stig said:
    My name is Phil. About 50% of the time when I type my name, my fingers stray one letter to the left for the last two letters of my name. The result: Phuk.
    I'd like to think you are based in Phuket.
    Haha. Never thought of that! Now living in England with my wife Pat(ricia) Taya
  • Not sure this qualifies the thread but I have played golf once in around the last 10 years and that was 7 years ago.
    I keep having dreams where I get as far as addressing the ball but keep on adjusting the height of the tee as am not comfortable to take the shot.
    Ive never suffered with this when playing so Christ knows why I’m dreaming about it.
  • Not sure this qualifies the thread but I have played golf once in around the last 10 years and that was 7 years ago.
    I keep having dreams where I get as far as addressing the ball but keep on adjusting the height of the tee as am not comfortable to take the shot.
    Ive never suffered with this when playing so Christ knows why I’m dreaming about it.
    erectile disfunction probably!🤪
  • For a period of about 3 weeks I couldn't submerge my head in water, not in the bath, in the shower, in a pool, not even to wash my face. For some reason I thought I was going to drown every time. It got so bad I was adjusting the shower head to be chest height and washing my face with a flannel soaked in water, and using my wife's dry shampoo
  • I'm right handed but can't iron right handed. I used to ball and throw right handed but can't now underarm a ball with my right arm. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Hal1x said:
    Stig said:
    Leuth said:

Stig (ECPC*) 

Wouldn't EZPZ be betterer, especially if you are NorthernAmerican.
    FUNEXNM?
  • I'm right handed but can't iron right handed. I used to ball and throw right handed but can't now underarm a ball with my right arm. 
    Have you experienced an increase in toilet roll and internet charges recently? If you have, I think we may have found the reason.
  • Leuth said:
    It might be the quality of the eggs tbh. The fresher the egg the more likely to keep the yoke in one piece. 
    That’s really weird. I still play but also have this dream along with one where I can’t find room to get in a full backswing.
  • Can crack it fine normally, flipping it in the pan for sunny side up, now that’s another matter. Mess that up most the time 
  • Can crack it fine normally, flipping it in the pan for sunny side up, now that’s another matter. Mess that up most the time 
    Thats a legitimate yip. One that I share 

Can flip pancakes perfectly with my eyes shut though
  • Since starting this thread, every yolk has been intact B-)