Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trevor Edwards RIP

Apologies if already posted…..

From BBC website:

” Former Wales defender Trevor Edwards has died at the age of 87.

Edwards was capped twice, playing against Northern Ireland and East Germany in 1957.

He was also in the Wales squad for the 1958 World Cup but did not make an appearance in the finals in Sweden.

Edwards made 64 appearances for Charlton Athletic and 73 for Cardiff City during his club career before emigrating to Australia.”

Comments

• Never saw him play but have heard the name.

RIP
  • One of the first "attacking" right backs in the game. I remember him well racing down the right wing every chance he got. 
    Exciting player to watch who brought a new dimension to the full back position. Surprised he only played 64 games, seemed more. RIP Trevor
  • RIP Addick.
  • edited May 31
    Trevor was a groundstaff boy before signing as a pro and although only 64 games we need to remember that there were no substitutes then.
    RIP
  • Remember him well, fast and strong tackler who liked to get forward…..was well thought of and no one groaned when his name was on the team sheet.
    I think quite a few were surprised when he left and went to Swansea.
    RIP…..Trevor…..RIP.
  • Rest in peace 🙏 
  • Sponsored links:

• Remember Trevor well,a quick full back who liked to get forward which was rare in those days.Also no messing,if any doubt the ball was half way up the east terrace.Another fine addick gone rip Trevor.
  • RIP Trevor. Before my time at Charlton but saw you at The Valley playing for Cardiff.