Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snus

I just read 20% of Premier and Championship players use snus (tobacco pouches) to enhance performance. Anybody know anything about this?

Comments

• Certainly our defenders were known to snooze
  • edited May 29
    Is that a Snus Video? 😧
  • I tried it years ago in norway and it absolutely blew my head off, I can imagine its harder to quit than smoking.
  • Won't be the only thing they're taking, that's for sure. 
    100%. I'm convinced performance enhancers are rampant across most sports - especially football. Massive sums of money at play for tiny margins of just a point or two difference and as far as I know any drug testing is few and far between.
  • Won't be the only thing they're taking, that's for sure. 
    100%. I'm convinced performance enhancers are rampant across most sports - especially football. Massive sums of money at play for tiny margins of just a point or two difference and as far as I know any drug testing is few and far between.
    TUEs are a minefield in football. 

The people in charge of the support know it's rampant and will allow it to continue.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's amazing how many high performing athletes, including footballers, are asthmatic. 

At least, according to their prescriptions they are.
  • Off_it said:
    It's amazing how many high performing athletes, including footballers, are asthmatic. 

At least, according to their prescriptions they are.
    Thats always made me laugh, cycling about 95% of the riders on the big tours have diagnosis' of asthma which is astonishing. Klopp or one of his backroom people cottoned on to this when he was at Dortmund and got most of the squad diagnosed. Ultimately a doctor can diagnose anyone with anything I suppose and subsequently issue a prescription for something that enhances lung capacity. Mental
  • At least we can be proud that Charlton have been free of performance enhancing drugs for years.
    Or maybe we could only afford pub grub versions?
  • It's a big industry in Sweden. I had a lot of Swedish guests at the guesthouse in Phuket and a lot of them used snus. A friend of mine, a regular user, was diagnosed with throat cancer a few years ago. Despite getting the all clear, not only does he still use snus, he also sells it, as it's quite a money maker with the Scandinavian expats.

This revelation regarding footballers really surprised me as I've not known anyone outside Scandinavia using  snus. 

• I tried one of my mates on a stag do last week. He had the strongest one you can buy. Felt absolutely amazing for about a minute then horrendously light headed and sick for about an hour :D I'm not a smoker so I guess the nicotine was like rocket fuel for me.
  • I tried one of my mates on a stag do last week. He had the strongest one you can buy. Felt absolutely amazing for about a minute then horrendously light headed and sick for about an hour :D I'm not a smoker so I guess the nicotine was like rocket fuel for me.
    I was a coke fiend when I tried it and it still made me high as a kite! 
  • A very popular thing in Sweden to hand around the dinner table after a meal. Used by many non-smokers.  Wife is a nurse here and lots of nurses have one under their top lip during a shift, lol. You can spot them as they look like their lip is protruding slightly.