Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

" Your Garden Made Perfect "

Next week's TV Times shows a repeat series starting on BBC2 on Monday at 7pm .

The episode on Weds June 5th states that the 2 featured gardeners " come up with rival designs  for a Plymouth garden with a giant derelict swimming pool at the centre "....

Ring any bells ? 

Am I very late to the party again ? 

Answers no doubt coming up before I even finish typi

Comments

• If you mean @JohnBoyUK his property was on Homes Under the Hammer and is in (I think) Folkestone 
  • Two separate programmes :)

Yes, we was on HUTH with a pool full of 10 years worth of rainwater and god knows what else and the garden was so overgrown, from what we could see of it, we thought it was a large pond (the cover had bowed with the rain water and garden debris, so we couldnt even see the pool underneath!)

We saw the programme @Fanny Fanackapan is talking about when we was trying to decide what to do with the pool.  We came up with some designs but from both a cost and safety point of view, it made more sense to just fill the pool in.  Glad to say we finally sold the house late last year.  I really don't miss the trips up and down the M20.

• Would love to see that episode @JohnBoyUK any idea on when it aired?
  • Thanks, JohnBoyUK.

It was your problem that I remembered but couldn't recall how it all finished. 
  • Back in the 70s, my uncle dug a pool in his back garden with a hand shovel, and the first thing the new people done when they moved in around mid 90s was to fill it in. His one was pristine condition though
  • edited May 29
    Dazzler21 said:
    Would love to see that episode @JohnBoyUK any idea on when it aired?
    If you want to watch it, its series 26 episode 39, still on iPlayer.  I still shudder when I watch it back.  And to answer the common question that I've been asked the most - 'you didn't have much to say for yourself, eh JohnBoy?'... well I spoke for a good few minutes about crunching the spreadsheets and increased interest rates, increased prices/inflation on building materials, squeezing house prices and resulting in a sluggish housing market in Folkestone and beyond etc etc, all boring but standard stuff re: selling and the budget and the producers cut the whole lot.  Mrs JB talks well as she's used to filming for her job and it doesn't bother her in the slightest.  She recorded a solo piece to camera explaining everything we had to do to the pool but that was cut too!

We had a couple of offers from private companies that house immigrants and were both willing to lease the house for 10 years, as well as offers from potential renters but we had a couple of offers to buy come along and we decided to sell while it was in pristine condition.  Definitely the right decision.
  • Mrs JB applied Charlton lingo to confidently let the presenter know she's going to flip it! Made me smile :)
  • Wish someone would make my garden perfect…
    My wife says that.
    My wife says that.
    Thought you were in Brazil, Elfs ....

" Coals to Newcastle" !