Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Energy Meters

13»

Comments

• Options
    cafcpolo said:
    I can’t quite understand how having instant and in real time access to your energy isn’t a good thing. How can information about your energy use not be helpful. Information is power. 
    A lot of the sparkies at our place don't have them fitted in their house. That's good enough reason for me not to have one. Also they state the technology isnt up to speed with them yet either. But what would they know.

Sparkies know about technology now? All the ones I've ever known can barely use the internet let alone know how it works.
    Thankfully they know enough about them as some worked for electricity board before joining us.
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:
    I can’t quite understand how having instant and in real time access to your energy isn’t a good thing. How can information about your energy use not be helpful. Information is power. 
    A lot of the sparkies at our place don't have them fitted in their house. That's good enough reason for me not to have one. Also they state the technology isnt up to speed with them yet either. But what would they know.

Solar panels, battery and all kinds of meters in our gaff, Chips. Just in case the worst comes to the worst. ;)
    OMG you obviously not bothered what your house looks like then. The most grotesque looking things ever designed. Bad enough there are fields full of them near us.
  • Options
    Well, anyway, went out the other day to do an airport run and when I got back there was something stuffed through the letterbox. 

It turns out that my water meter was up for replacement and I now have a smart water meter. (No choice for me - the meter lives under the pavement.)  If I was interested, which I'm not really, I could use an App to check my daily water usage.