Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Favourite non Charlton player

2»

Comments

• Cristiano Ronaldo in his prime was absolutely sensational to watch. R9 too for largely the same reason, he made football look magical. Right now, KDB, Bellingham and Odegaard in terms of favourite footballers to watch. But favourites just in terms of me absolutely loving them and wanting them to do well? Podolski
  • Jimmy Greaves …..but all time favourite is Kevin De Bruyne.
  • Past: Glenn Hoddle

Present: Phil Foden
  • Some fabulous players on this list and my own would probably be different on any given day. No Iniesta yet for example? I'm a sucker for those clever, non-flashy players who never lose possession, are always looking for the ball, ticking things over and see and complete passes others can only dream of. 

But limiting myself to current crop I'd probably also go KDB but Foden is getting up there. 
  • edited May 22
    Currently Son - always (nearly) has a smile on his face.

all time Peter Bonetti

Gatuso gets an honourable entry as a champion shithouser.
  • Preben Elkjaer
  • Pirlo, Ronaldo, Messi... I have a list, but those three are my top ones even though they're not too inspiring.
  • Some fabulous players on this list and my own would probably be different on any given day. No Iniesta yet for example? I'm a sucker for those clever, non-flashy players who never lose possession, are always looking for the ball, ticking things over and see and complete passes others can only dream of. 

But limiting myself to current crop I'd probably also go KDB but Foden is getting up there. 
    Great shout Iniesta. 
    Always liked him the most out of those great Barca/Spain teams 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Some fabulous players on this list and my own would probably be different on any given day. No Iniesta yet for example? I'm a sucker for those clever, non-flashy players who never lose possession, are always looking for the ball, ticking things over and see and complete passes others can only dream of. 

Great shout Iniesta. 
    The talent in those teams was off the scale.

I also had a soft spot for Alonso. The good one, not the duffer who ended up at ours. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Past: Franz Beckenbauer
    Present: Harry Kane
  • Past - Zidane
    Now - Bellingham 
  • Distant past Denis Law
    Start of modern era Gianfranco Zola
    Current Harry Kane
    Top of the tree Paul Gascoigne
  • Past - Iniesta/Busquets
    Present - Harry Kane 
  • Kirk obvs
  • Jarrod Bowen
  • Past - Gazza
    Present - Bellingham / Kane
  • Dimitar Berbatov, what a classy footballer
  • MrOneLung said:
    Some fabulous players on this list and my own would probably be different on any given day. No Iniesta yet for example? I'm a sucker for those clever, non-flashy players who never lose possession, are always looking for the ball, ticking things over and see and complete passes others can only dream of. 

Great shout Iniesta. 
    Watched Barca pump Madrid 3-1 at the Bernabeu in 2011. Likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi, Ozil, Kaka, Alexis Sanchez and Xabi Alonso all played but Iniesta stood out by a mile. Magnificent little player.
  • Declan Rice - plays with a smile on his face, seems a proper gent
  • Sponsored links:

• Past- Shunsuke Nakamura, cos of his free kicks.
    Present- Haaland. Old fashioned Centre forward.
  • Saka is without doubt my favourite player around at the moment. Brilliant footballer, intelligent (he has A levels don't y'know), down to earth and just seems like a top bloke. A proper role model for young players trying to make it.
  • Stan Bowles
  • When i was a kid my favourite player was Gazza after i saw him tear Charlton apart at Selhurst Park. At the end of that season he went to Italia 90 and became a worldwide star.

Modern day it has to be Messi. I don't think we'll ever see anyone as good as him again.
  • Past - Gazza 
    Preaent - Son 

For always looking so happy when playing footie. 
  • Shame Gascoigne is a nasty piece of work 
  • Jimmy Greaves
  • chris ronaldo 
  • Patrick Vieira.