Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Frank Ifield RIP

Legendary Australian singer and guitarist Frank Ifield has died aged 86. 
Frank, who was born in England but grew up in Australia, boasted a glittering music career that began when he was just 13 years old. 

By the time he was 19, Frank was the number one recording artist in Australia and New Zealand.

Taking a risk at the peak of his stardom Down Under, Frank moved to London in 1959 and went on to release four number-one hits on the UK singles chart - his cover versions of the songs I Remember You, Lovesick Blues, The Wayward Wind and Confessin' That I Love You. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13437099/Australian-music-legend-Frank-Ifield-household-Britain-supported-Beatles-dies-aged-86.html

Comments

• RIP Frank. He was of my era and one of the artistes you grew up with.
  • RIP Frank
  • RIP Frank. 
  • Saw him in panto at London Palladium in around 1964...he threw me a packet of marshmallows. Always loved him for that. RIP Frank.
  • Sad news, Frank Ifield was a favourite of my mum.
  • RIP. Big show biz name from my childhood. 
  • Pedro45 said:
    Saw him in panto at London Palladium in around 1964...he threw me a packet of marshmallows. Always loved him for that. RIP Frank.
    To you or at you ? Sorry Frank.
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP - he had a super voice. 
  • Pedro45 said:
    Saw him in panto at London Palladium in around 1964...he threw me a packet of marshmallows. Always loved him for that. RIP Frank.
    To you or at you ? Sorry Frank.
    To me, although it fell short.  It was a matinee performance and there was hardly anyone there, so I just nipped around to the row in front where they landed and got them.
  • Crystal clear voice .. R I P Frank
  • Rip Frank you nearly taught me yodell

Used to live in Farnborough park near Bromley
  • Great singer RIP. 
  • RIP Frank.
  • RIP Frank 
  • I've had I Remember You as an earworm since reading the news this morning and it's still there!

RIP Frank
  • Rip Frank. My Nan loved " I remember you"