Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Standard Liège

It seems the people Roland sold his Belgian club to weren't as wealthy as they presented themselves to be. Stop me if you've heard this one before...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/10/standard-liege-fans-protest-against-777-partners

Comments

• edited May 17
    Pretty sure 777 Partners are in the throws of buying Everton n all?
  • Gribbo said:
    Yes, it's the same bunch. The chances of that going through must be pretty much zero now.
  • Gribbo said:
    Not Happening . 
  • Gribbo said:
    Phillip Auclair of the guardian football podcast has spoke and written quite extensively about 777 partners and why Everton fan should be worried. I saw him at Guardian Podcast live we he openly spoke about the shady practices of 777.
  • Does he own any clubs anymore?
  • edited May 17
    Gribbo said:
    Phillip Auclair of the guardian football podcast has spoke and written quite extensively about 777 partners and why Everton fan should be worried. I saw him at Guardian Podcast live we he openly spoke about the shady practices of 777.
    777 have already 'lent' Everton £200m before this deal has even been completed.  The last payment was £16m for day-to-date operational costs.  They're already balls deep.

Farhad Moshiri doesn't want to put any more money in so they'll be looking for another buyer.
    If 777 have been paying the players wages and the deal falls through, they'll be close to going into administration you would think.

If any other buyers are circling, you would think they'll allow administration to happen, to get the club at a lower valuation.

And of course, if Everton fall into administration, the building work on their new stadium by Laing O'Rourke stops immediately.
  • sam3110 said:
    Does he own any clubs anymore?
    I dont believe so, he sold Ujpest this year too.
  • Gribbo said:
    I don't listen to FW religiously anymore but I love that man so much. 
  • 777 were also close to buying Charlton from Sandgaard, I was told.
    A phrase involving frying pans and fires springs to mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    Does he own any clubs anymore?
    I dont believe so, he sold Ujpest this year too.
    Has he sold all the football clubs while keeping ownership of the stadiums ?
    Yeah, thought that when I heard Jordan and White mention them on Talk Sport the other day,  re' Everton take-over.  
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Gribbo said:
    777 have already 'lent' Everton £200m before this deal has even been completed.  The last payment was £16m for day-to-date operational costs.  They're already balls deep.

Farhad Moshiri doesn't want to put any more money in so they'll be looking for another buyer.
    If 777 have been paying the players wages and the deal falls through, they'll be close to going into administration you would think.

If any other buyers are circling, you would think they'll allow administration to happen, to get the club at a lower valuation.

And of course, if Everton fall into administration, the building work on their new stadium by Laing O'Rourke stops immediately.
    777 were also the majority owners of an Aussie airline that went into administration a couple of weeks ago, and on top of that a London asset management company has recently sued them for fraud.

So there's surely no way they end up being Everton owners.
  • 777 were sniffing around us at one point I believe 
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Gribbo said:

777 were also the majority owners of an Aussie airline that went into administration a couple of weeks ago, and on top of that a London asset management company has recently sued them for fraud.

So there's surely no way they end up being Everton owners.
    Unless they're doing a Southall / Farnelliott and getting entangled for a decent payout if a sale goes through with another buyer. Hoping for anything on £200m would be wishful think though, you'd think, even with an established Prem side
  • The only other name that seems to be linked to Everton because they have outstanding loans they are owed are MSP Sports Capital , who own Augsburg , Brondby and a stake in McLaren F1 Team amongst other things. 
  • edited May 17
    Sandgaard had money, which is a big step up from thinly-veiled fraudsters
    No 777 would have been much MUCH worse than Sandgaard. For all of TS faults (and he does have them) I think he was truly just a fool in over his head, I genuinely think his ego was what drove him and his heart was in the right place.
    To clarify, Sandgaard was intended to be the frying pan not the fire. We definitely dodged a bullet with him not selling to 777. 
  • I wish we could form some kind of partnership or network with some of these European clubs. I'm sure it could be a massive boost to our chances of seeing the stars of the future.
  • Sponsored links:

No 777 would have been much MUCH worse than Sandgaard. For all of TS faults (and he does have them) I think he was truly just a fool in over his head, I genuinely think his ego was what drove him and his heart was in the right place.
    Numerous members of staff and ex members of staff would dispute if his heart was in the right place
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    777 were also close to buying Charlton from Sandgaard, I was told.
    Numerous members of staff and ex members of staff would dispute if his heart was in the right place
    Perhaps and that can be said of staff in any workplace but I was speaking in terms of his intent for the club.
    To clarify, Sandgaard was intended to be the frying pan not the fire. We definitely dodged a bullet with him not selling to 777. 
    If Sandgaard was the frying pan, it would be interesting to contextualise our other owners ... jiminez and cash a frying pan? Duchaltalet  a fire, southall a raging inferno??
  • I don't think the frying pan/fire metaphor works because it assumes the club, or perhaps even the fans, have some agency (the ability to jump or not). In reality it is the owners and would-be owners that decide the club’s fate. A more fitting comparison might be a game of pass the parcel with a never ending chain of individuals and groups temporarily handling the club before passing it on; some of whom may be negligent in their handling whilst others my try to rip-off various layers trying to get the goodies inside.
  • I don't understand why Moshiri is so hellbent on selling to 777 when there's so many red flags. Think there was another American group he tried this with last season that blatantly didn't have the funds but he spent months negotiating with. 

It's clear him losing the Alisher Usmanov backing has caused problems and he basically wants shot of the club before he has to fully pay for the new stadium but letting a deal with a group like 777 get this advanced is rather concerning. 
  • Kap10 said:
    777 were also close to buying Charlton from Sandgaard, I was told.
    If Sandgaard was the frying pan, it would be interesting to contextualise our other owners ... jiminez and cash a frying pan? Duchaltalet  a fire, southall a raging inferno??
    Southall, et al were the Great Fire of London in this context.