Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

1980s Junior Reds

How many lifers in these pics?

Comments

• Is that Lee Alchorn (RIP) back row 2nd from the left in the top photo?
  • Who's got the Southampton scarf out????
  • Pedro45 said:
    Who's got the Southampton scarf out????
     It looks like that picture was taken at their old ground, The Dell, so maybe a young saints fan.
  • Can see Sarah top left
  • Lovely Jackie Monahan , sadly not with us now, is the only face I recognise. 
  • clive said:
    Pedro45 said:
     It looks like that picture was taken at their old ground, The Dell, so maybe a young saints fan.
    25th April 1987 2-2 draw 
  • edited May 15
    shirty5 said:
    clive said:
    Pedro45 said:
    25th April 1987 2-2 draw 
    My mate drove to this game but we broke down at Redhill. Jumped in a cab to the ground (from memory it cost £60) and got there just before kick off. Managed to jump on a supporters coach home, we were regulars so they knew us and my mate picked the car up the following day. 
  • shirty5 said:
    clive said:
    Pedro45 said:
    25th April 1987 2-2 draw 
    Was this the baking hot day, and they stuffed us in that shitty away end, refusing to open adjacent pens - people started getting panicky as it was starting to get dangerous - young lady in front of me fainted, and that got their attention, they got her out, but still didn’t open next door pen - bastards 
  • shirty5 said:
    clive said:
    Pedro45 said:
    25th April 1987 2-2 draw 
    Are you sure about this date? I got married the following week and I'm sure we played them away earlier in the month.
  • shirty5 said:
    clive said:
    Pedro45 said:
    25th April 1987 2-2 draw 
    Are you sure about this date? I got married the following week and I'm sure we played them away earlier in the month.