Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Should the club be publicising the achievements this last season a bit more ?

The individual achievements and trophies have got a mention as they’ve arisen but collectively, first team aside, this has been a pretty successful season for trophies as a club as a whole from the U16s, U18s, U21s, CACT, to Alfie’s goal scoring awards (apologies for any I’ve missed). The new ownership seems to be doing the right things and Nathan is doing his bit. 
There’s a great story to be told to encourage optimism for the future, sell a few more season tickets, encourage players to come to join Nathan’s squad for next season or simply attract more PL players of the future to the Academy, unless it’s a secret of course, then as you were…

Comments

• Options
    don't forget the women's team achievement
  • Options
    Trouble is, if they big up any achievements on social media there will be a wave of "we finished in our lowest position in 98 years", "no one cares about the women's team" and "you'll probably sell all our academy players" comments.

The club HAVE mentioned all the other achievements but rightly or wrongly there is only one KPI that matters to most fans and that is the mens first team.
    Exactly, you only need to read the comments under practically any club Facebook post to see the nonsense. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Trouble is, if they big up any achievements on social media there will be a wave of "we finished in our lowest position in 98 years", "no one cares about the women's team" and "you'll probably sell all our academy players" comments.

The club HAVE mentioned all the other achievements but rightly or wrongly there is only one KPI that matters to most fans and that is the mens first team.
    Exactly, you only need to read the comments under practically any club Facebook post to see the nonsense. 
    Yep, we're all frustrated/pissed off but dismissing the other achievements is, IMHO, pointless.

Not the women's or academy's fault the men's first team fecked up so badly.
  • Options
    What you say is sadly the truth but there must be a way to spin the Academy successes and those of the young ladies as a massive selling point for future of the club.

the future is bright......
  • Options

Rightly in my opinion.

Most people would be happy for the women's team to be disbanded if they could exchange that for a play off spot next season.
  • Options
    No first team wins from November for about 3 months. 
  • Options
    I could happily live without the academy if we were swapping positions with Brentford
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Rightly in my opinion.

Most people would be happy for the women's team to be disbanded if they could exchange that for a play off spot next season.
    Hopefully the club are more sensible than that. 
  • Options
    I could happily live without the academy if we were swapping positions with Brentford
    West London?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Rightly in my opinion.

I am just saying that for the majority the mens first team trumps everything else. 

Hardly anyone would swap us going up next season for the women’s team going up. 

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:

Rightly in my opinion.

I am just saying that for the majority the mens first team trumps everything else. 

Hardly anyone would swap us going up next season for the women’s team going up. 

But they are both "us"

Yes, the vast majority of fans focus much more or exclusively on the men's team over the women or academy but the men aren't failing because of the women/kids.

You can't swop success with one for success with another.

It's not either or. It should be all.

They show that Charlton teams can be a success if given stability, you stick with coaches and spend a little money.

We just got a £750k grant because of the women's team, the potential income and attendance growth in the WSL is huge which is why all the big clubs are investing.
  • Options

100% right, but I would assume this why they started Women's and Academy social media pages, so they can celebrate success through it's own channels. 
  • Options
    When we were in the PL we had a reasonably successful women’s team. We got rid of the women’s team, the club went to shit. We’ve once again got a women’s team and it’s been reasonably successful, things are looking up at the club once more. As the old saying goes, behind every successful man is a woman, #notacoincidence? #justsaying #bluetouchpaperlit

• Options
    don't forget the women's team achievement
    What achièvement?
     They missed promotion, didn’t they?