Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Saw Duane at the Palladium many years ago. Frankie Laine was on the same show. 
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Duane 
  • Options
    A Rebel Rousing hero is gone. The Twang's the Thang - loved that guitar sound, supposedly recorded in a grain silo for the perfect echo. RIP and Thanks.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Another boyhood hero. RIP Duane and thanks for the music.
  • Options
    Loved the old twangy guitar,saw him front The Everlys at The Albert Hall many years ago,RIP thanks for those wonderful memories.
  • Options

• Options
    Super talent, so many tunes that people of my generation would hum along with, having no idea who played them or what they were called. RIP The Rebel Rouser...  
  • Options
    RIP Duane. Great guitar sound  still copied by some today.
  • Options
    R. I. P. The Rebel Rouser Duane Eddy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Many tried to copy, many failed. One of the Rock n Roll pioneers. RIP Duane.
  • Options
    RIP. He certainly knew his way around a guitar!
  • Options
    My first record purchases - 40 miles of bad road and Peter Gunn
  • Options
    That generation of music isn't really my cup of tea but I definitely appreciated the calibre of guitarist he was

No better time for @JiMMy 85 to tell his Duane Eddy story in memory of the man 

Rest in peace 
  • Options
    Great sound.  Loved his twangy guitar.  RIP Duane.
  • Options
    RIP
    Apologies. It was Charlie Gracie at the Palladium. 
    However I remember Duane at Woolwich Granada in the sixties. 
  • Options
    One of the original rock n’ rollers, not many of them left now. Johnnie Walker always started his show with this in the 70’s, still sounds great.

https://youtu.be/XDU6zpted2A?si=It9JdzSb6dMFGXoI

RIP Guitar man
  • Options
    The Geetar Man .. R I P
  • Options
    RIP
    Used to love the old time rock n roll but had never heard of Charlie Gracie until you mentioned him.  I thought you might have meant Charlie Drake!
  • Options
    Carter said:
    That generation of music isn't really my cup of tea but I definitely appreciated the calibre of guitarist he was

No better time for @JiMMy 85 to tell his Duane Eddy story in memory of the man 

Rest in peace 
    My dad absolutely loved Dwayne Eddie. And for those who don’t know, we once returned to the car after a defeat to find it had been broken into and the stereo nicked. 

What bothered dad more than the lost stereo was the fact that they went to the trouble of finding the face plate under the seat and, before yanking the stereo out, they ejected his Duane Eddie tape and tossed it on the floor. 

He was really offended by this. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP
    Used to love the old time rock n roll but had never heard of Charlie Gracie until you mentioned him.  I thought you might have meant Charlie Drake!
    Charlie Gracie was the first 50s star I ever saw, at my first Rock n Roll all dayer when I was fifteen. He was then sixteen years younger than I am now, but of course he seemed ancient... Saw him a few times over the years - he was also a very good guitarist.