Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ex-Port Vale player flies plane over Vale Park mocking relegation

https://www.football365.com/news/footballer-gets-pilots-licence-flies-over-ground-mocking-relegation-port-vale-ryan-burge

Wow… Just landed. Thank you to the Stoke City fans who paid me to do something I would have happily done for free. A bit of a shaky take off but I put that down to the excitement.

“However once I got her up in the sky it was smooth all the way from there and shout out to my instructor Geoff who was guiding me all the way. This is an experience I will cherish for the rest of my life. Fail Park looks like an even bigger sh*t hole from the Sky.”

Comments

• Sounds like a bit of a weirdo to me.  Doubt the Vale fans cared/noticed.  All a bit 1990.
  • Absolutely tragic :D His time at Port Vale was by far the highlight of a shocking career looking at his Wiki
  • Very strange vendetta against Port Vale considering he applied to be their manager in 2017, years after he stopped playing for them.  Also founded and sold the naming rights to his fashion label to Pearl Jam (naming rights only, not the label) after 1 year.  
  • Strange bloke 
  • Quite some dedication to learn to fly to do that  :D
  • Read something yesterday that its a fake story and didnt happen
  • 90 appearances in a whole career - Vale Park may have looked shit from above, but I bet it was better than his career looks.

• Vale Park looks a thing of beauty from above, as do all grounds I would say. 

Dazzler21 said:
    90 appearances in a whole career - Vale Park may have looked shit from above, but I bet it was better than his career looks.

• To put it in context he was quite highly rated as a youngster but had some injury issues and I have read about what happened at Port Vale.

Essentially his side of the story was that he was offered a two year contract which he turned down as he had interest from bigger teams that he could go to for free at end of season, PV and Micky Adams weren't happy with this. So a team dinner was arranged and he was told he would be picked up at a certain time and they didn't bother picking him, this caused him to be 45 mins late as a result MA dropped him and started shaming him publicly. He responded on socials saying its rubbish etc and that he has been set up to make the club look better etc.

Only they will know the truth i suppose. 
  • To put it in context he was quite highly rated as a youngster but had some injury issues and I have read about what happened at Port Vale.

Essentially his side of the story was that he was offered a two year contract which he turned down as he had interest from bigger teams that he could go to for free at end of season, PV and Micky Adams weren't happy with this. So a team dinner was arranged and he was told he would be picked up at a certain time and they didn't bother picking him, this caused him to be 45 mins late as a result MA dropped him and started shaming him publicly. He responded on socials saying its rubbish etc and that he has been set up to make the club look better etc.

What I don’t get (if true) is why then apply to be Port Vale manager a few years later. Needs must I suppose. 
  • Sponsored links:

• It’s a fake story. 

Given the amount of nonsense football clubs will put up with and overlook from players I doubt being late for a team dinner would put off all those bigger clubs that apparently wanted to sign him on a free. 
  • Quite like Jerez. Stayed there overnight when missed a flight
  • Wonder if Bonne would have done something similar if we'd gone down - just hope he flies better than he drives.