Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Live POTY dinner special - including exclusive George Dobson interview - out now!

2»

Comments

• T_C_E said:
    So potentially you are losing your job in 3 months, someone offers you a new job and you can start in 3 months and you say NO, I'll wait and see if they change their mind!?
    Ive heard some BS but that even beats anything @Redmidland has ever said. 
    Well possibly but it wasn’t an English team he signed up for. He’s gone very left field in going to Hungary, I doubt very much if GD would have gone long without an offer or two from league one if not a Championship club. You don’t see many players signing pre contracts just for security. It’s usually a step up. If they’ve offered him considerably more than he could expect in the U.K. then fair play but I don’t believe that. George I think was poorly advised and acted rashly. 
    He may have acted rashly and been poorly advised but for the next 3? Years he’s got a good/better wage coming in.
  • T_C_E said:
    So potentially you are losing your job in 3 months, someone offers you a new job and you can start in 3 months and you say NO, I'll wait and see if they change their mind!?
    Well possibly but it wasn’t an English team he signed up for. He’s gone very left field in going to Hungary, I doubt very much if GD would have gone long without an offer or two from league one if not a Championship club. You don’t see many players signing pre contracts just for security. It’s usually a step up. If they’ve offered him considerably more than he could expect in the U.K. then fair play but I don’t believe that. George I think was poorly advised and acted rashly. 
    He couldn’t sign a pre-contract deal with an English club. 
  • T_C_E said:
    T_C_E said:
    He may have acted rashly and been poorly advised but for the next 3? Years he’s got a good/better wage coming in.
    If he did go I'd lay good money he'd be out of Hungary after one season.
  • T_C_E said:
    Bshine166 said:
    T_C_E said:
    So his career would have been ovwr if the Hungarian team back out ?.

Charlton fucked up and so did George. 
    It’s irrelevant who got it wrong George’s obligation is to his family, we’ve all felt under valued/paid at work and George acted in their best interests, not yours or mine. 
    Only time will answer that if he’s made a mistake, I was told many months ago in their first short reign he wasn’t rated either as a skipper or a player.
    Whether we like it or not George owes us nothing he gave his all for that shirt during his contracted time here, if he leaves I wish him all the luck in the world.
    Not to say I want him to go though. 😉
    Heard the same, andy scott, talent spotter supreme.
  • It's great that there appears to be a real friendship between Dobbo and May.
    Then we have the friendships between Assimwe, Anderson and Kanu.
    Then we have Leaburn and his Mum.
    There appears to be some real close friendships and a togetherness amongst the squad, that will hopefully be reflected on the pitch next season.
    Is Leaburn's mum going to be playing for us next season then? :)
    If he doesn't pass to her, she doesn't cook him dinner 🤣
    Also Leaburn and Campbell, although as Campbell's out of contract, I don't know if he'll be here next season, although I hope so.
  • T_C_E said:
    T_C_E said:
    As things stand at this precise moment in time that is.🤔
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks to @LouisMend and the entire Charlton Live team for all the podcasts during the season. It helps us fans who, for whatever reason, can't get to games. Looking forward to listening in again next season, until I'm fit enough to come back to The Valley. Have a good summer all!

If anything's going to make you have a relapse, it's coming back to The Valley to watch Charlton.
  • Hi @LouisMend thanks for all the pods this year. Excellent show. 

Quick question, a couple of summers back you guys did mini pods for each new signing. I thought they were really informative.

With it hopefully being a big summer, will you be doing this same this year? 
    Give the boys a break. 😊
  • Thanks for all the kind messages about the pod - glad you all enjoyed it and we were able to get some interesting interviews.

@Redmidland all the best mate, hope to see you in SE7 as soon as you're ready.

@l0rd_M0ntagu3 I think we did some blogs a couple of years back rather than pods for the new signings - Lewis did them at that point so if he's up for it maybe he'll do them again but no promises. As @kips said, I need a break!
  • LouisMend said:
    Thanks for all the kind messages about the pod - glad you all enjoyed it and we were able to get some interesting interviews.

@Redmidland all the best mate, hope to see you in SE7 as soon as you're ready.

@l0rd_M0ntagu3 I think we did some blogs a couple of years back rather than pods for the new signings - Lewis did them at that point so if he's up for it maybe he'll do them again but no promises. As @kips said, I need a break!
    I wouldn’t worry. Our transfers are typically late despite the suggestion they won’t be. I’m sure you will get the break 😆
  • T_C_E said:
    Bshine166 said:
    T_C_E said:
    So his career would have been ovwr if the Hungarian team back out ?.

Charlton fucked up and so did George. 
    It’s irrelevant who got it wrong George’s obligation is to his family, we’ve all felt under valued/paid at work and George acted in their best interests, not yours or mine. 
    Only time will answer that if he’s made a mistake, I was told many months ago in their first short reign he wasn’t rated either as a skipper or a player.
    Whether we like it or not George owes us nothing he gave his all for that shirt during his contracted time here, if he leaves I wish him all the luck in the world.
    Not to say I want him to go though. 😉

If he now wants to stay, its obvious hes made a mistake. He acted in his best interests which hes entitled to, but if hes changed his mind its because he now thinks its in his interest to stay.

I want him to stay, but he wasnt forced to do anything.

• Listened to this and really enjoyed it! 

What a nice, likeable guy Kanu is. Like he cant believe it’s going this well and this is his life! 
    Agree . Kanu is mature beyond his years . A very intelligent and dedicated lad.
    Considering his improvement this season, it's very exciting to see the performances he will be putting in next season.