Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life 23 24

edited April 27 in General Charlton
As we end the most disappointing of disappointing seasons, there has been one constant positive and that is the Charlton Life forum. 

Thank you to all of those behind the scenes that keep it going with elastic bands, sticking plaster and the like.

Also thanks to all the contributors. Charlton Life is an extended family and hence we bicker and argue (no we don't, yes we do) but we also come together to celebrate personal successes, commiserate for personal losses, give advice .. some good some bad.  And we all come together in a common cause that is Charlton Athletic.

Charlton Life is also an anthology of history of the club since the first post. I was just searching for this year's season ticket thread (which I still have not found) and came across a post marking our season ticket sales at 16,740 or so  ... if only.

There is no close season on CL and I look forward  to reading about what school people went to ..... again.

In the meantime enjoy your summer and here is to a Jonesy revolution next season.

Comments

• That’s a lovely post @Kap10

have a great summer 
  • Kap10 said:
    As we end the most dissapointing of dissapointing seasons, there has been one constant positive and that is the Charlton Life forum. 

Thank you to all of those behind the scenes that keep it going with elastic bands, sticking plaster and the like.

Also thanks to all the contributors. Charlton Life is an extended family and hence we bicker and argue (no we don't, yes we do) but we also come together to celebrate personal successes, commiserate for personal losses, give advice .. some good some bad.  And we all come together in a common cause that is Charlton Athletic.

Charlton Life is also an anthology of history of the club since the first post. I was just searching for this year's season ticket thread (which I still have not found) and came across a post marking our season ticket sales at 16,740 or so  ... if only.

Ther is no close season on CL and I look forward  to reading about what school people went to ..... again.

In the meantime enjoy your summer and here is to a Jonesy revolution next season.
    Enjoy me summer?
    I'm hitting 50.
  • Now in my 8th decade I try to enjoy each day, which this season has often meant trying to forget how badly we have been playing.
  • clb74 said:
    Kap10 said:
    As we end the most dissapointing of dissapointing seasons, there has been one constant positive and that is the Charlton Life forum. 

Ther is no close season on CL and I look forward  to reading about what school people went to ..... again.

Enjoy me summer?
    I'm hitting 50.
    I'm 67 embrace it!!!
  • Mere babies, @Redmidland has seen two world wars.
    Its a known fact he started the first one 😉
  • only the 1st one?
  • edited April 27
    Ramsden School for Boys.

Edit - Our PE teacher (Glen Coupland) scored in the infamous FA Cup tie against Maidestone in 1979 when Hales and Flanagan had a set to and were both sent off. He beat Jeff Woods with a curler from the edge of the box IIRC
  • swordfish said:
    Ramsden School for Boys.

Edit - Our PE teacher (Glen Coupland) scored in the infamous FA Cup tie against Maidestone in 1979 when Hales and Flanagan had a set to and were both sent off. He beat Jeff Woods with a curler from the edge of the box IIRC
    I remember Glen Coupland and his goal  :(
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:
    Kap10 said:

Enjoy me summer?
    I'm hitting 50.
    That’s the new spring…
  • Well said, Kap.