Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Over 65 website tickets pain

Have just tried to buy two concession (over 65) tickets for Saturday. First pain - I had to put in names and dates of birth for ticket holders, which is fair enough. However, the only way to insert date of birth is to click backwards on the calendar showing this month, month by month. That was over 850 clicks for me and 900 for my friend, slow, irritating and ultimately painful. I finally achieved this and went on to pay, whereupon I was told my password is out of date and to change it. I did as required, only to find that my order had been wiped from the basket and I would have to start again. Sod 1700 clicks, not bothering now.

Comments

• edited April 16
    Hmm, Charlton aren't the only website where you have to do this.
    I've often assumed I'm being thick and there must be a work around, but I've never found one.
    Is there a quicker way to insert your DOB on SOME sites or do you really have to click hundreds of times? (Obvs on many sites it allows you to type in your DOB).
  • Hmm, Charlton aren't the only website where you have to do this.
    I've often assumed I'm being thick and there must be a work around, but I've never found one.
    Is there a quicker way to insert your DOB on SOME sites or do you really have to click hundreds of times? (Obvs on many sites it allows you to type in your DOB).
    You can often move year by year and then month by month, or sometimes edit the year and month fields on the calendar. 
  • Seen similar on other sites, frustrating.

Easier to just ring the box office.
  • Can say how this works on the CAFC website but on some sites if you click on the year it lets you scroll back or select the year and its not always obvious or intuitive that is an option
  • I just went on the Charlton site & it allowed me to type in the DOB, although I didn't go further in case I bought an unwanted ticket.
  • Thanks for all the tips - unfortunately, none of them work on the CAFC website! No drop-down if you click on the year and whilst I could type in the date, it didn't register in the details box below. Something to take up with the club, I reckon.
  • For Charlton TV the keyboard on my smart TV shows the @gmail.com (I use gmail) key when clicking on the password field and not the email field....very frustrating....they need an IT update
  • Have just tried to buy two concession (over 65) tickets for Saturday. First pain - I had to put in names and dates of birth for ticket holders, which is fair enough. However, the only way to insert date of birth is to click backwards on the calendar showing this month, month by month. That was over 850 clicks for me and 900 for my friend, slow, irritating and ultimately painful. I finally achieved this and went on to pay, whereupon I was told my password is out of date and to change it. I did as required, only to find that my order had been wiped from the basket and I would have to start again. Sod 1700 clicks, not bothering now.
    Does your friend know you refer to him like that? 
  • Chizz said:
    Have just tried to buy two concession (over 65) tickets for Saturday. First pain - I had to put in names and dates of birth for ticket holders, which is fair enough. However, the only way to insert date of birth is to click backwards on the calendar showing this month, month by month. That was over 850 clicks for me and 900 for my friend, slow, irritating and ultimately painful. I finally achieved this and went on to pay, whereupon I was told my password is out of date and to change it. I did as required, only to find that my order had been wiped from the basket and I would have to start again. Sod 1700 clicks, not bothering now.
    Does your friend know you refer to him like that? 
    It's mutual...