Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Cambridge Utd Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 13th April 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Playing a 3-6-1 with Tyreece at wingback.  Bakrinson sitting behind Wickham in a number 10 role
  • Strange formation.  Wickham all alone up front.  4 central midfielders.  Campbell who doesn’t like to tackle playing wingback.   
    It's Campbell up front with Wickham (well deserved after 2 excellent cameos in that role) and Karoy at RWB. He played there for 20 mins or so against Barnsley after Thomas went  off and REG moved inside.
    I'm not sure Campbell is playing up front.

• Not much has happened yet as we've had two lengthy stoppages. First for Gibbons who needed treatment but will continue, now for Rossi who has a cut on his head
  • ross1 said:

Not much has happened yet as we've had two lengthy stoppages. First for Gibbons who needed treatment but will continue, now for Rossi who has a cut on his head
    No I have not, sorry I thought that was Ross1
  • What’s happened to Lloyd Jones - out of favour or injured? 
    I think it’s something to do with the upcoming TV programme he’s on. Absolutely no idea but maybe he’s found love and wants a move to the States? His absence is too coincidental to me.
    That was filmed nearly a year ago. Why would that change something now.
    Well it starts on TV in a couple of weeks and I was just speculating but I don’t believe in coincidences.
  • Birmingham 1  Coventry 0
  • The injuries are all about trying to get to see the Grand National at half time.
  • ross1 said:
    Strange formation.  Wickham all alone up front.  4 central midfielders.  Campbell who doesn’t like to tackle playing wingback.   

How exactly are we lining up please
    Strangely.

It's almost like a back 3, 2 wing backs in small and Campbell, a midfield in a diamond shape and Wickham up front by himself.
  • Comms on stream has the formation as:
                               Isted
                  TT Hector Gillesphey 
    Campbell Coventry Bakinson small
                      Anderson Dobson
                             Wickham 

Box midfield 
  • Sponsored links:

• Playing a 3-6-1 with Tyreece at wingback.  Bakrinson sitting behind Wickham in a number 10 role
    Has also looked like this at times so I'm lost.
  • Surprised Karoy has started at RWB when REG is available or even Asiimwe.
  • NJ knows what he’s doing. There’ll be a reason why we’ve got the extra midfielder on the pitch.

I notice already that Cambridge are quite a tall, physical team so bringing in Bakinson makes sense.

It’s also been picked up on the commentary that having the additional cover in the middle of the pitch is allowing us to shift into a back four and push Tyreece Campbell up the wing into a more traditional role supporting Wickham.
  • Very strange game, nothing really happening apart from injuries and free kicks, at least 10 minutes added time first half so far...
    NJ has a love affair with Karoy. 
    He's not RWB
  • Derby 2-0
  • NJ knows what he’s doing. There’ll be a reason why we’ve got the extra midfielder on the pitch.

I notice already that Cambridge are quite a tall, physical team so bringing in Bakinson makes sense.

It’s also been picked up on the commentary that having the additional cover in the middle of the pitch is allowing us to shift into a back four and push Tyreece Campbell up the wing into a more traditional role supporting Wickham.
    No good if you the  don't have anyone who can put the ball away.

Wickham had hardly played this season & Campbell isnt a natural scorer. 
  • Off_it said:
    Surprised Karoy has started at RWB when REG is available or even Asiimwe.
    He's not RWB
    Sorry Campbell is but the point still stands.
  • Oxford 1-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Big goal in the big game

Oxford 1 P'boro 0
  • Great free kick whipped in by Coventry, Hector connects and loops the header just over the bar. 

I guess that makes sense. If he thinks we need the box midfield to negate them (Jones made a comment after the last game about so many teams in the division packing the midfield) then the way to do so without losing too much attacking threat is a player like Wickham up top to hold it up, give midfield runners licence to push on beyond the ball and play an attacking wing back with similar licence.
  • Lincoln 0 Wigan 1
  • This match uglier than the Stevenage game. 
    Horrible. 
  • Lincoln 0 Wigan 1
  • Barnsley 0  Reading 1
  • Barnsley 0 Reading 1
  • Need to make the most of them down to 10 momentarily 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!