Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CL Shirt sponsoring 2024-25 season

edited March 28 in General Charlton
Just flagging this up early due to the current feel good factor. Should Charlton Lifers consider shirt sponsoring for the new season?

Comments

• Options
    I would reconsider it but as I never considered it in the first place I cant
  • Options
    yes
  • Options
    I'd be up for it
  • Options
    I'd be in
  • Options
    And me 
  • Options
    Me too.
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    👍
  • Options
    Yep, I’m in 
  • Options
    Will it be Fraser or McGrandles?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All valid reasons for not doing it @AFKABartram

Ive personally sponsored a player, along with a couple of friends, this season as have Bromley Addicks.

Not been to the training ground lunch yet or got the shirts so need to see how that works but so far, so good and no problem when Bromley Addicks' sponsorship was switched from Appleton to Jones.
  • Options
    I'd do it.
  • Options
    Me too
  • Options
    The training ground tour and lunch is nice but it is a day out of the office and I’m taking my daughter so that’s a day off school too.  Shame they couldn’t do it on the half term break.  

Shame they can’t do the sponsors dinner any more because that used to be a great night.  Maybe the new owners will reinstate it 
  • Options
    We stopped doing it because to be honest, we got messed around a bit. The last season we did was 21/22 I think, we sponsored 5 players yet didn’t get all our sponsorships listed in programme / online, at end of season we didn’t get all the shirts we’d sponsored so we couldn’t distribute all the prizes, and following the dinner none of the attendees received their photos with players that had been taken. We chased and were promised a few times, but nothing come of it. It’s no major drama, but it wasn’t the first time we had issues and just doesn’t enthuse you to get onboard. 

It’s an intra-day training ground lunch now instead of a dinner so that’s a bit harder to spread as a prize incentive as most people are working. None of our contributors did it though for potential prizes, it was just a good way of contributing and helping the club. I think our group through CL sponsored 48 players, which must have totalled about £15-20k so it was a fantastic amount contributed. 

I think what the club failed to see the additional benefit of was that many who dipped their toe in via this then went on to do their own sponsorship which they probably wouldn’t have considered in the first place. So while we may not have been a company with potential upsell worth looking after, they actually got a number of long term partners out of it. 

I’m sure we’ll return to doing something at some point, though suspect we won’t get back to the days of sponsoring 5-7 players a year.
    I don’t suppose that the Fans Forum could raise the issue of shirt sponsorship with the club and to find out exactly what additional benefits would be included?
    I am not bothered about the additional benefits but would like to see Charlton Life being the sponsor for several players.
  • Options
    Could be persuaded.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    We stopped doing it because to be honest, we got messed around a bit. The last season we did was 21/22 I think, we sponsored 5 players yet didn’t get all our sponsorships listed in programme / online, at end of season we didn’t get all the shirts we’d sponsored so we couldn’t distribute all the prizes, and following the dinner none of the attendees received their photos with players that had been taken. We chased and were promised a few times, but nothing come of it. It’s no major drama, but it wasn’t the first time we had issues and just doesn’t enthuse you to get onboard. 

It’s an intra-day training ground lunch now instead of a dinner so that’s a bit harder to spread as a prize incentive as most people are working. None of our contributors did it though for potential prizes, it was just a good way of contributing and helping the club. I think our group through CL sponsored 48 players, which must have totalled about £15-20k so it was a fantastic amount contributed. 

I think what the club failed to see the additional benefit of was that many who dipped their toe in via this then went on to do their own sponsorship which they probably wouldn’t have considered in the first place. So while we may not have been a company with potential upsell worth looking after, they actually got a number of long term partners out of it. 

I’m sure we’ll return to doing something at some point, though suspect we won’t get back to the days of sponsoring 5-7 players a year.
    I don’t suppose that the Fans Forum could raise the issue of shirt sponsorship with the club and to find out exactly what additional benefits would be included?
    I am not bothered about the additional benefits but would like to see Charlton Life being the sponsor for several players.
    This year it was:

1. The shirt
    2. Tour of Sparrows Lane and lunch with your player
    3. Four tickets to a home game of your choice