Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Belgium 7.45pm (Channel 4)

Comments

• Well Bellingham confirms he is class which we all knew.
  • Deserved equaliser. 

Lucky Maddison didn't get a second yellow 30 seconds earlier though  :)
  • Fuck me, how high are your standards Damo? 

Bowen has had a good game, BTW. 
    Well - losing two home games in a row isn’t usually something the favourites would do (injuries aside)
    I was more referring to the “bit shit” comment Damo. Anyway got the result we deserved on balance of play. 
  • Deserved equaliser. 

Yup silly boy there
    In the Euros he gets sent off for that
  • supaclive said:j
    Deserved equaliser. 

Yup silly boy there
    In the Euros he gets sent off for that
    That Brazilian c**t on Saturday would have been sent off three times in a competitive game, but that’s the way it works in friendlies apparently. 
  • Chillwell much better tonight. Joe very nervous when he came on but improved second half. 
  • Wouldn’t have any of the back four.
  • Forgot to add that IMO Maddison should not get in the squad ahead of Mainoo, who is such a talent. Oh and keep Henderson out of the team.
  • Sponsored links:

Well - losing two home games in a row isn’t usually something the favourites would do (injuries aside)
    France got beat at home the other night and have barely scraped past a poor Chile team tonight.

France got beat at home the other night and have barely scraped past a poor Chile team tonight.
    But don’t come here with facts and stuff
  • edited March 26
    Genuinely could have fallen asleep. Foden and Bellingham are sublime though, both have to start. 

Belgiums second goal was class, unreal delivery by Lukaku, truly exquisite. 

Two home games against two sides in a massive transitional period and we couldn't get a win. We aren't really better than either of them and I think we should be when you look at the squads. 
  • For the euros I think it’s a straightforward starting eleven:

Pickford
    Walker
    Stones
    Maguire
    Shaw
    Rice
    Mainoo
    Bellingham
    Saka
    Foden
    Kane

And the squad as a whole:

Pickford, Pope, Ramsdale
    Walker, Trippier
    Stones, Gomez
    Maguire, Guehi
    Shaw, Chilwell
    Rice, Gallagher
    Mainoo, Maddison
    Bellingham, Palmer
    Saka, Bowen
    Foden, Rashford
    Kane, Toney, 
  • I see Portugal lost 2-0 to Slovenia but I’m not a fucking idiot and realise these friendlies mean sod all. They’ll be challenging in the summer.
  • edited March 26
    Went to the game. Feeling under the weather so it was a bit of a slog getting there. Got absolutely soaked as well.

Looked ok going forward, but horribly exposed to the counter attack. 

It's a bloody friendly Southgate - why not make some changes a bit earlier. Was really surprised how long it took him to make subs.

Missed the equaliser as we had buggered off to miss the crush at the station and to try and avoid freezing to death. Was bloody cold up in the gods.
  • edited March 27
    For the euros I think it’s a straightforward starting eleven:

Pickford
    Walker
    Stones
    Maguire
    Shaw
    Rice
    Mainoo
    Bellingham
    Saka
    Foden
    Kane

Pickford, Pope, Ramsdale
    Walker, Trippier
    Stones, Gomez
    Maguire, Guehi
    Shaw, Chilwell
    Rice, Gallagher
    Mainoo, Maddison
    Bellingham, Palmer
    Saka, Bowen
    Foden, Rashford
    Kane, Toney, 
    I reckon Alexander-Arnold will go if fit, offers am option at RB which allows Trippier to cover LB a bit, and could be midfield backup.

Also thing Palmer or Bowen goes, not both - it'll be another central midfielder like Henderson or Phillips instead.
  • Sponsored links:

• My first England game since before Covid, was good to go again. Had club Wembley seats through a supplier, which made it a great night. Nice to able to go back to the lounge after the game, have a drink and let the crowds die down before heading off. Totally deserved the equaliser, thought we looked good going forward but more than suspect at the back. 
  • Went to the game. Feeling under the weather so it was a bit of a slog getting there. Got absolutely soaked as well.

Looked ok going forward, but horribly exposed to the counter attack. 

It's a bloody friendly Southgate - why not make some changes a bit earlier. Was really surprised how long it took him to make subs.

Missed the equaliser as we had buggered off to miss the crush at the station and to try and avoid freezing to death. Was bloody cold up in the gods.
    Worst part about Wembley by a mile, people's manners and common sense go right out of the window and you'd think it's the end of the world the way some people move around. 

I left with 17 mins to go including injury time and still got caught up in it, had to take the side streets
  • Some interesting results, Austria mopping up Turkey 6-1, Germany 2-1 against Holland which looks like both teams put out their best XI more or less and then Spain Brazil 3-3. Brazil went with the same team they used against us.
  • edited March 27
    Genuinely could have fallen asleep. Foden and Bellingham are sublime though, both have to start. 

Belgiums second goal was class, unreal delivery by Lukaku, truly exquisite. 

Two home games against two sides in a massive transitional period and we couldn't get a win. We aren't really better than either of them and I think we should be when you look at the squads. 
    alternative take; we just played 2 of the top 5 or 6 teams in the world. We competed with them both without our best player

Pickford
    Walker
    Stones
    Maguire
    Shaw
    Rice
    Mainoo
    Bellingham
    Saka
    Foden
    Kane

Pickford, Pope, Ramsdale
    Walker, Trippier
    Stones, Gomez
    Maguire, Guehi
    Shaw, Chilwell
    Rice, Gallagher
    Mainoo, Maddison
    Bellingham, Palmer
    Saka, Bowen
    Foden, Rashford
    Kane, Toney, 
    I reckon Alexander-Arnold will go if fit, offers am option at RB which allows Trippier to cover LB a bit, and could be midfield backup.

Also thing Palmer or Bowen goes, not both - it'll be another central midfielder like Henderson or Phillips instead.
    I forgot about Trent - like him in centre mid as well. 
  • England and France the favourites according to this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68668152

Pickford
    Walker
    Stones
    Maguire
    Shaw
    Rice
    Mainoo
    Bellingham
    Saka
    Foden
    Kane

Pickford, Pope, Ramsdale
    Walker, Trippier
    Stones, Gomez
    Maguire, Guehi
    Shaw, Chilwell
    Rice, Gallagher
    Mainoo, Maddison
    Bellingham, Palmer
    Saka, Bowen
    Foden, Rashford
    Kane, Toney, 

I'm not sure that Rashford is now an automatic choice. Grealish or Gordon might replace him but, with the likes of Foden, Saka, Palmer and Bowen as our wide players, Southgate might choose to have Watkins as the extra forward. 
  • edited March 27
    It was a decent performance. Dunk hasn't done himself any favours but Pickford's mistake may be helpful in the long run serving as a reminder not to play crossfield balls into the central area. If we are only taking two strikers I think Watkins is probably still ahead of Toney but it is all to play for. There is a case for not playing Kane in the remaining two friendlies and giving Watkins and Toney a half each in both and creating a sort of shoot out.
  • edited March 27
    Pickford's error was apparently the first mistake leading to a goal in his 60 caps.  

Now he might have been bailed out a couple of times by others, meaning an error didn't lead to a goal, but it's a good record.