Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Temu - No Not A New Signing!

Well he could be, for all i know!

Anyone used them before, any good?

Big rival to Amazon, do they pay their taxes, or do people just turn a blind eye, and buy stuff cheaper?

Great company , or a bit hooky?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68563339

Comments

• Options
    I've not been sure what to make of Temu, but have got a few bits from AliExpress of late.

Been happy enough with the quality, for what I've paid for
  • Options
    Sales of Any Old Crap went through the roof when my daughter (9) discovered Temu recently. 
  • Options
    I've bought a few bits off Temu. Needed a card holder with a pocket for cash, think it was about 2 quid and is spot on.

Also good for cleaning products like scouring sponges and tea towels etc. Personally wouldn't spend over about a tenner for an item though, as could be a bit of a gamble
  • Options
    Sorry, it was £3.78 to be precise -

• Options
    Goods made very cheaply in China?  What are the odds in crap or made by slave labour?
  • Options
    edited March 19
    Well he could be, for all i know!

Anyone used them before, any good?

Big rival to Amazon, do they pay their taxes, or do people just turn a blind eye, and buy stuff cheaper?

Great company , or a bit hooky?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68563339
    My mate has diabetes and poor circulation. Bought a pair of heated socks off Temu for cycling. Went out for around an hour and the socks gave him massive burns all over his feet. The blister/raw  skin still hasn't healed and it was maybe 2 months ago. A stupid purchase from him in my opinion but they should never have gotten hot enough to burn him so horribly. I have some horrible pictures but I won't put you all off your dinners! 
  • Options
    Temu, Aliexpress and Shein are different to Amazon.
  • Options
    Cheap shit for cheap prices.

• Options
    Bought some cheap underwear...just to see...elastic in the waistbands lasted about 3 washes...now ex-underwear.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chinese pound land 
  • Options
    Have ordered stuff off of Teemu, Schein, Ali Express etc and everything has been ok

my kids have ordered clothes off there and they have lasted ok to be honest

I probably wouldn't order electronics though

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Chinese pound land 
    英镑兰
  • Options
    edited March 19
  • Options
    I bought a couple of dresses last year, they were ok, but I doubt they'd last very long.

I did find I received an increase in junk emails from  different sources after I'd used them. Some emails, supposedly from Temu looked dodgy, so didn't open them. I've reported all the dodgy emails to report@phishing.gov.uk and most have now stopped.
  • Options
    About once a month I go on there and end up spending £40-£50 quid on a bundle of cheap bits. I like em.

• Options
    Wife always seems to get Temu notifications on her phone so gawd knows what’s being ordered.

I don’t really buy anything online and feel a bit of a dinosaur. One book about 8 years ago from Amazon but other than tickets for events, that’s it really. Never look at shopping sites. Even when it was popular I never even looked at eBay, is that still going? 
  • Options
    We are having a party soon and my wife has bought a load of party shit from temu, perfect for what we wanted at a great price but you have to plan when you want it, takes about 10 days to arrive, no next day delivery like Amazon.

i would recommend but be careful what you order.
  • Options
    Wife always seems to get Temu notifications on her phone so gawd knows what’s being ordered.

I don’t really buy anything online and feel a bit of a dinosaur. One book about 8 years ago from Amazon but other than tickets for events, that’s it really. Never look at shopping sites. Even when it was popular I never even looked at eBay, is that still going? 

Yes, eBay is still alive and kicking. They take a larger and larger % of the sale price each year it seems so platforms like Vinted are getting more popular with sellers I reckon.
    I buy a fair amount from eBay, money goes further than shops and I like buying from the circular economy