Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Broadband Deals 2024

Morning all. 

Been with Sky for a few years, had fibre 140mbs for 18 months. Was paying £32 plus £3 for a guarantee, they have now put the price up with no deals. I have called them and they even recommended leaving (now £64 a month including £15 TV essentials that was £5). 

I want 140-300mbs fibre, is £32 a month unrealistic? 

Sick and tired of bills going up. 

Can anyone recommend any decent providers, I have fibre to the property and that can take 900mbs. 

cheers  

Comments

• Options
    I am going through the same thing. I called sky and told them I wanted to cancel and go somewhere else, they convinced me to listen to their attempt to offer me a deal, an hour later offered fuck all.

i am looking at either virgin or trooli.
  • Options
    I have been with Zen for a number of years, I highly recommend them, although not the cheapest
  • Options
    I’m with Community Fibre for £25 a month, with great speeds. So glad I binned Sky. Sadly I think Community Fibre is only in London at the moment. 
  • Options
    Just signed up for italk fibre, half the price of what I was paying with ee and a lot faster
  • Options
    Recently changed to community fibre with no problems so far. And much cheaper than Virgin.
  • Options
    Go Community Fibre if it's in your area. I'm paying £35 a month for 500mb/s fibre line with Virgin which is pretty decent. My dad is paying less than that for similar if not faster speeds with Community Fibre in Eltham!
  • Options
    Last time i switched i used a comparison site, like this one;
    https://www.moneysupermarket.com/broadband

I'm not a gamer or trader so super fast speeds never impress me and i am not tempted by them. I did get what seems a decent fibre deal with Plusnet for around £25, and they have also recently notified of a small price increase to take effect soon.
  • Options
    I've been with Virgin since 2012. I found a better deal with Sky so went to cancel and ended up getting 500mb broadband, full tv package with sports and movies for £58 a month for 18 months.
  • Options
    Have to be careful with some of these deals because they carefully worded new price is xyz then put in goes up after 6 months only.
  • Options
    Anyone with One Stream? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 13
    We've been with Trooli for 18 months and they've been very good - had BT before that, Sky before them and they were both pretty useless, 30mbps about the best we got.

Trooli is the only full fibre one round here as no Virgin Media.  We had 300 download for 18 months (£25) and I've just upped it to 900 for £35 a month with the original term ending.

If you can get them your way I'd recommend them - they've not snuck the price up at all either which has been good.
  • Options
    I am going through the same thing. I called sky and told them I wanted to cancel and go somewhere else, they convinced me to listen to their attempt to offer me a deal, an hour later offered fuck all.

i am looking at either virgin or trooli.
    Justin's kindly pointed out that Trooli have a referral thing where the existing customers and new ones both get £50 cashback (which I didn't know about when I said they were good  :D:smile: )

If anyone can get it in their area and is thinking of switching DM and I'll share the referral code!!
  • Options
    I have joined Community Fibre about 3 weeks ago. It's fibre optical cable all the way into your house-no copper.  The cheapest option they offer is £25 per month, I've gone for £30 and you get 2 boosters which the installer said  were like the modem and not boosters as I called them. So far I've been pleased with it, I've had Virgin/BT/Vodaphone in the last few years and each one buffered at busy times-mainly Saturday night/Sunday and during big footie games eg World Cup/champions League. So far so good. No buffering (early days)
    Speed 1GB.
    Also the installation was the best of all those companies. Also 1st 3 months free.
  • Options
    I’m with BT, approx £35 for 500 down / 70 up. Apart from Sky who use the same line, these are the only options for me.

Been registered with Community Fibre for a few years but properties they serve in Bexley Borough are few are far between unfortunately.
  • Options
    With Hey Broadband, £35 per month 950 Up/Down
  • Options
    £35 p/m on virgin for 350mb broadband, but also has the basics TV (glorified freeview but a very decent box and my aerial on the roof doesn't work!)

They're alright... Community seem really good though so will move to them if and when they're available in BR7!
  • Options
    Just ordered Trooli today for 3 x faster and cheaper broadband than my sky one. Installing Tuesday, good start.
  • Options
    Just gone with Zen Internet having been with BT for years. Seems good so far and at £32 per month, a reasonable price.
  • Options
    Trooli all the way! 
  • Options
    Are all these “deals” being spoken about include full fibre ?