Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Carlisle United : Saturday 9th March 2024 : KO 15:00

So, we can relax a little can we...'course not, we are currently 14th and reasonably clear of trouble, but today we entertain Carlisle United on the hallowed turf at The Valley, Carlisle are a team currently propping everyone up 15 points adrift of safety at the foot of the table, but you know what they say about a wounded animal, so we will need to be at our game to put them to the sword today....be ruthless, but not blasé...👍

We have gone toe-to-toe with Carlisle United on 40 previous occasions winning 19, the Cumbrians eight with the remaining 13 encounters ending all square....the spoils were shared in the reverse fixture at Brunton Park in November 2023 as former Addick Sam Lavelle cancelled out Corey Blackett-Taylor's opener....

Here we go...

Nathan Jones has named the same starting line-up for the third game in a row...

We are again expected to line-up with a 3-5-2 formation with Rarmani Edmonds-Green, Macaulay Gillesphey and Terell Thomas in the back three in front of Harry Isted.

Conor Coventry, skipper George Dobson and Karoy Anderson make up the midfield three with Tennai Watson and Thierry Small, who both recorded assists in Tuesday’s 3-1 win at Cheltenham, operating as wing-backs.

Alfie May and Daniel Kanu will continue up front together.

Wickham joins Ashley Maynard-Brewer, Nathan Asiimwe, Michael Hector, Tyreeq Bakinson, Tyreece Campbell and Freddie Ladapo as Jones’ gamechangers.

Charlton: Isted; Edmonds-Green, Thomas, Gillesphey; T.Watson, Coventry, Dobson (c), Anderson, Small; May, Kanu

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Asiimwe, Hector, Bakinson, Campbell, Ladapo, Wickham

Good to see Connor Wickham has deemed fit enough for the bench...welcome to The Valley, this time in the right side...

Comments

• Options
    edited March 9
    Unchanged team. Let's support the lads, especially the kids. 

We have experience and options from the bench so that's useful.

Having Hector and Bakinson in the team would be interesting but I've not seen them train etc.

Forgot about Jones. Must have got a niggle from his brief display? 
  • Options
    edited March 9
    No Jones or Camara but Wickham on bench
  • Options
    Surprised to see the squad unchanged again, but then again they've done well from Northampton onwards - Hopefully it was just an iffy game for Anderson on Tuesday, but he could have done with a rest.
  • Options
    Surprised not to see Jones, at least on the bench.

Hector is named as a sub, only one CB needed no doubt - but personally would have preferred Jones there.
  • Options
    What no Chuks? 

• Options
    a walk in the park
    3-0 addicks - you can quote this at 17:00
  • Options
    Slightly surprised by the back of any changes in the 11, but with 5 subs I'm sure Bakinson will get decent minutes.

Can only assume Jones has an issue, as you'd expect him to be ahead of Hector and indeed Asiimwe, as REG can be shifted to the right to cover any Watson issues.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What no Chuks? 
     no me either. Sitting this one out at home.

Always good to keep a winning team & an unchanged line up. 

Still going with my 3-1.
  • Options
    Hoping for a nice relaxing afternoon after the tenterhooks of Derby and Cheltenham….surely?
  • Options
    missing out on a home game after op yesterday so i’ll be glued to the match thread. 
  • Options
    That suspension has been costly for Jones, he’s gone from MOTM to out of the squad completely. 

As long as no one is tiring too badly then makes sense not to change a winning side, although I’m not sure this is 100% our best XI yet. 

Bench looks better balanced with Wickham on it. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    What no Chuks? 
    He’ll be back for our games in May after Wickham has left.
    ...When does the season end...agin!!
    WHOOSH! perhaps?  :p 
  • Options
    Charlotte's hoping for free points today.   :) 

• Options
    No mention on Jones and Camara out of matchday squad on OS or any other injuries. Assume both are fit, just left out
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    What no Chuks? 
    He’ll be back for our games in May after Wickham has left.
    ...When does the season end...agin!!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dobbo's No1Fan in the studio sounds like a very confident young lady
  • Options
    No cockups please Charlton!
  • Options
    If we're dominating we really need to kill the game off early. Fancy us to win by a couple of goals today.
  • Options
    Where has Camera  disappeared to? Has he lost focus?

Was hoping we might get to see T. Taylor at some point this season.
  • Options
    Minto as a pundit instead of the presenter? 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Surprised not to see Jones, at least on the bench.

Hector is named as a sub, only one CB needed no doubt - but personally would have preferred Jones there.
    Maybe Nathan Jones wants to see more of Hector before making contract decisions? 
  • Options
    Brownie loves to flirt with Charlotte doesn't he?
  • Options
    Hope the game can KO on time today, got the Formula One at 5pm, cant miss Verstappen winning a rare Grand Prix
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    missing out on a home game after op yesterday so i’ll be glued to the match thread. 
    Hope it went well :)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!