Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shark?

We came across this shark whilst in the Caribbean Sea (off Panama). We were told it was a reef shark but I couldn’t agree. It looks more like a dog fish. Google check incorrectly says a whale shark or reef shark. Again I don’t agree with either. Can anyone identify it? 

Comments

• Options
    Nah Reef Sharks, specifically Caribbean reef sharks are bigger and more 'sharky'. That said I have no idea what that big dark bastard in the photo is but not a reef shark. You see one of them, you shit yourself then get out of the water. In that order 
  • Options
    Looks like a nurse shark
  • Options
    Reckon tope and any of the houndshark are more narrow and have a sharper nose than that. 
  • Options
    Looks like a nurse shark 

Or a juvenile great white whose Mum was just out of shot, good job you didn't get eaten 
  • Options
    Also, why did you go snorkeling in jeans and a hoodie?
    I thought it was a shirt and tie. 
  • Options
    I’d sh*t myself regardless of whatever shark it was
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leopard shark, I think.
  • Options
    I'm not too interested in guess the shark. 
    Why is someone swimming wearing shirt, tie, trousers & watch and are they wearing socks & shoes? 
  • Options
    I'm not too interested in guess the shark. 
    Why is someone swimming wearing shirt, tie, trousers & watch and are they wearing socks & shoes? 
    Shark dresser
  • Options
    Came here thinking it was about the cordless Hoover 
  • Options

• Options
    I think i'm put off getting in the sea beyond knee hight for life after seeing the report/video about that Russian man in Hurghada last summer.
  • Options
    I think i'm put off getting in the sea beyond knee hight for life after seeing the report/video about that Russian man in Hurghada last summer.
    I've been to Hurgada 6 times in the last 3 years. 
    Going again in October. 
    I always swim in the sea as snorkeling out there is incredible. 
    I must admit though that I'm always nervous in case I see a shark.
  • Options
    Going again in October. 
    You’re a braver man than I Blackpool. Two fatal attacks in 2022 is enough warning for me. 
  • Options
    Going again in October. 
    You’re a braver man than I Blackpool. Two fatal attacks in 2022 is enough warning for me. 
    Not sure I'm braver tbh.
    My wife thinks I'm an idiot for doing it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Going again in October. 
    Not sure I'm braver tbh.
    My wife thinks I'm an idiot for doing it.
    Well stay safe anyway.
  • Options
    It's a nurse shark. Notice the protrusion at the top rear end of the tail fin.
  • Options
    That‘s not me in the photo, that is a our guide while deep boarding. He is wearing a shirt to protect from the sun. I was on another deep board wearing a tuxedo. 🤓
    A nurse shark seems right as it was having a rest. 

• Options
    I'm watching the shark behind it, and wondering what's behind me...........help get me out of here!
  • Options
    I’d sh*t myself regardless of whatever shark it was
    Let's face it, next to you that would look like a great white.  :D
  • Options
    I thought this thread was going to be about Shark Vacuum Hoovers when I first opened it
  • Options
    Call that a shark? Huh. It would need to be much bigger to get me skulking in the kelp.
  • Options
    My wife and I have a seen  Nurse sharks at close quarters in The Maldives. They are considered to be very docile and will only react if provoked.

In opposition, we have been down in a sharks cage off of Cape Town observing Great Whites. My wife's experience was terrifying for her. The shark grabbed and shook the cage! She fortunately has video footage of the incident
  • Options
    Think our Shark is an improvement on the old Dyson if that helps. Not tried it underwater yet though.