Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carlisle [h] This Saturday [9/3/24] - Train disruption

Southeastern:

Saturday:

• Woolwich Line: Trains between London Cannon Street and Slade Green via Greenwich will not run. Trains between London Cannon Street and Gravesend via Woolwich will be diverted to run from London Charing Cross.
  • Bexleyheath line: Trains between London Cannon Street and Slade Green via Bexleyheath will not run. Trains between London Charing Cross and Dartford via Bexleyheath will run every 30 minutes.

Thameslink:

Saturday:

Trains which usually run between Luton and Rainham will only run between Plumstead and Rainham, and to a revised timetable.

https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/travel-information/live-travel-information/planned-engineering-work?date=2024-03-09#engineering-departure-board

This means a half-hourly service serving Charlton in both directions & no trains via Greenwich.

After the match trains depart Charlton at

Towards London via Blackheath/Lewisham 26/56 past the hour

Towards Gravesend via Woolwich/Dartford 08/38

Comments

• Options
    Annoying, though lucky they did this for a match with relatively few away fans, when compared to say Pompey
  • Options
    Hopefully it’s dry and I can use the ‘bike. 
  • Options
    Blackheath to Charlton and back running?
  • Options
    Reminder for tomorrow.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Reminder for tomorrow.
    Cheers @clive , but I'm watching it indoors 

😉 
  • Options
    edited March 8
    I've read that a few time and it still doesn't make sense?

anyone confirm, are trains running Saturday between Abbey Wood - Charlton and back again

ok I think I see it now
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Blackheath to Charlton and back running?
    Yes, from Blackheath 01/31 past the hour, to Blackheath 26/56 past the hour

I've read that a few time and it still doesn't make sense?

anyone confirm, are trains running Saturday between Abbey Wood - Charlton and back again

ok I think I see it now
    Yes, from Abbey Wood 12/42 past the hour, to Abbey Wood 08/38 past the hour.
  • Options
    The last train out of London to get to the game is the 14:05 from Charing Cross
  • Options
    Thanks for the Blackheath information @clive
  • Options
    There's also mention of the dreaded 'replacement bus service on Saturday'.  That's not going to affect trains from Charing X is it?

Killer, I'm assuming the next train after the 14:05 will be the 14:35, which will arrive at Charlton about five minutes after kick off?

Is there any chance that the train will be so full that people can't board at e.g London Bridge?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's also mention of the dreaded 'replacement bus service on Saturday'.  That's not going to affect trains from Charing X is it?

Killer, I'm assuming the next train after the 14:05 will be the 14:35, which will arrive at Charlton about five minutes after kick off?

Is there any chance that the train will be so full that people can't board at e.g London Bridge?
    I'd try and get on at Charing Cross or Waterloo East...

Yes, the 14:35 is the next one, arriving at 15:07
  • Options
    Cheers.  Actually, I might just drive, ULEZ or not!
  • Options
    I’ve spent a career sifting through complicated structures and documents to work out what’s happening with deals and who is behind it and the general rule of thumb of advice I always give when I’ve got it all mapped out is, even if we now know the answers, if it’s been made particularly complicated then walk away from it. Having trawled through that engineering map and the posts a few times I’m still not completely sure whether there are trains that can that will take us for the entire journey between Waterloo east or London Bridge and charlton, or whether we’ve got to get a replacement bus for the part between Lewisham and charlton. Has anybody worked out the definitive answer for that one ?

at the moment, jumping on the jubilee with the spanner’s and brummies for part of the journey as they make their way to and from the Nou den is looking to be the slightly better option 
  • Options
    I’ve spent a career sifting through complicated structures and documents to work out what’s happening with deals and who is behind it and the general rule of thumb of advice I always give when I’ve got it all mapped out is, even if we now know the answers, if it’s been made particularly complicated then walk away from it. Having trawled through that engineering map and the posts a few times I’m still not completely sure whether there are trains that can that will take us for the entire journey between Waterloo east or London Bridge and charlton, or whether we’ve got to get a replacement bus for the part between Lewisham and charlton. Has anybody worked out the definitive answer for that one ?

at the moment, jumping on the jubilee with the spanner’s and brummies for part of the journey as they make their way to and from the Nou den is looking to be the slightly better option 
    Trains are running half-hourly between Charing Cross & Gravesend stopping at Waterloo East, London Bridge, Lewisham, Blackheath then Charlton, with no bus journeys involved.
    There are no trains from Cannon St via Greenwich to Charlton.
  • Options
    clive said:

Trains are running half-hourly between Charing Cross & Gravesend stopping at Waterloo East, London Bridge, Lewisham, Blackheath then Charlton, with no bus journeys involved.
    There are no trains from Cannon St via Greenwich to Charlton.
    I may be reading it wrongly but that doesn’t seem to fit with this:

• Options
    My last attempt

Southeastern:

Saturday:

• Woolwich Line: Trains between London Cannon Street and Slade Green via Greenwich will not run. Trains between London Cannon Street and Gravesend via Woolwich will be diverted to run from London Charing Cross.

https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/travel-information/live-travel-information/service-disruption?uq=638455757067160000#INC42C027ABFC154CD6B7F199C2D980D83D
  • Options
    This is the direct train I suggested earlier