Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Camara and Ladapo

On paper, you would sign them up. But for me, I'd be inclined to judge the minutes, fitness and injury record this season and not aim to make them perm in Summer. 

If we want a smaller squad, it needs to be a robust squad.

Your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Camara is a definite no from me, we already have Aneke next season so adding another player that spends more time injured than not and probably on a good contract would be a bad move 

Ladapo I’m also not sure on, I think he’s proven at this level but he doesn’t offer what we need in a striker. Look at the transformation every game when Chuks comes on, we need a striker who can hold the ball up and play with his back to goal. We won’t find one as good as Aneke but we need someone who at least offers some of the same characteristics 

If we sold Leaburn then maybe Ladapo would be an option but if our options are going to be Kanu, May, Aneke, Leaburn and 1 other, then I’m not sure Ladapo is the best option for the 1 other 
  • Options
    If it were my call... No sadly.
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    Camara is a definite no from me, we already have Aneke next season so adding another player that spends more time injured than not and probably on a good contract would be a bad move 

Ladapo I’m also not sure on, I think he’s proven at this level but he doesn’t offer what we need in a striker. Look at the transformation every game when Chuks comes on, we need a striker who can hold the ball up and play with his back to goal. We won’t find one as good as Aneke but we need someone who at least offers some of the same characteristics 

If we sold Leaburn then maybe Ladapo would be an option but if our options are going to be Kanu, May, Aneke, Leaburn and 1 other, then I’m not sure Ladapo is the best option for the 1 other 
    Sorry how is Camara a no because we have Aneke? They play in different positions, and the odds of Aneke being available for most of the season seems more than unlikely...
  • Options
    ladapo is not the player i thought he was - for some reason i thought he was more of a target man / channel runner - a workhorse who could also score - as others have said, we desperately need a physical workhorse of a striker who can be relied on week in week out - that is the priority signing as it has been for god knows how long - camara i would give to the end of the season before making a judgement  
  • Options
    They've got 11 games to prove it for me. Willing to give Camara so time as he was out for ages. Don't think the terrible surface/poor choice of studs helped him against Derby. The next 4 games are a great acid test for both. Should be looking to impose themselves.
  • Options
    neither have been so bad as many comments suggest .. both have obvious fitness niggles but both have good basic skillsets .. as to permanent signings ? .. I doubt either will be retained for next season and I wouldn't quarrel if that were the case as I suspect Jones will be looking for younger, fitter alternatives
  • Options
    Ladapo is a definite no for me. Unsure about Camara, as he has so far looked good and bad. I'd be giving him the chance to prove himself as long as it isn't adversely impacting our battle against relegation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would imagine they would be fairly expensive salary wise and, on that basis, at the moment I would probably say “no”. Still a quarter of the season left to impress enough for us to make them an offer though. 
  • Options
    Ladapo's positioning is great his finishing has been rusty

• Options
    I’d keep Camara, think there is a real player in there. 

Ladapo hasn’t pulled up any trees but let’s be honest the team hadn’t won in 3 months before Tuesday. Hard for him to make an instant impact in such a shit team 
  • Options
    Ask again in 2 months. Far too early to tell. Camara isn't match fit yet.
  • Options
    If we had a proper 10 I think Ladapo would look far more effective 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:

Sorry how is Camara a no because we have Aneke? They play in different positions, and the odds of Aneke being available for most of the season seems more than unlikely...
    The point being we have one player injured all the time, don’t need another
  • Options
    If we had a proper 10 I think Ladapo would look far more effective 
    agreed - same goes for may and kanu - all 3 benefit massively from being on the pitch with chucks 
  • Options
    I'd Definitely sign Camara . Ladapo has to show more but i wouldn't rule it out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haven't seen enough to judge atm, although if having to make a decision I'd pass on Ladapo.

More importantly......are they free agents in the summer because if not then it's all a bit moot. 
    Why is it moot? They're obviously not wanted at Ipswich and it's not like we haven't been paying fees for players recently. We paid for Coventry, REG, Gillesphey and Ramsay in January so I doubt Ladapo having a year left on his contract at a team looking to move him on would be much of a deterrent, especially if Ipswich get promoted.
  • Options
    Both have a pedigree at our level that indicates they are worth persevering with. Camara lacking fitness and sharpness and Ladapo somewhat fitter but lacking game time. Both will over the coming weeks get to that required level and I think it’s then they should be judged. I suspect we’ll see a lot more from both before the seasons out. 
  • Options
    edited February 29
    NabySarr said:

Because having 1 player on good money and not playing the majority of the season is already 1 too many, adding another is probably not wise 

It’s a waste of budget that could be spent on players that can play every week 
  • Options
    Ladapo would score goals if the team were set up to play to his strengths. I don’t think Jones has any intention of doing that so he will leave and Jones will recruit some one who fits in with him.
  • Options
    Camara flew out.of the blocks at home to Orient. Got injured and hasn't looked the same since. He was all over the shop on Tuesday
    Suppose he needs a bit of a run.. but will he get one? So at the moment No

Ladapo I'm not sure. Hasn't looked fully fit and the games he came into were a real baptism of fire.I think he could be useful.
    But who am I to judge. I thought the same about Kirk!
  • Options
    edited February 29
    Camara flew out.of the blocks at home to Orient. Got injured and hasn't looked the same since. He was all over the shop on Tuesday
    Suppose he needs a bit of a run.. but will he get one? So at the moment No

Ladapo I'm not sure. Hasn't looked fully fit and the games he came into were a real baptism of fire.I think he could be useful.
    But who am I to judge. I thought the same about Kirk!
    What you say about Camara is undoubtedly true, but I feel that first half just wasn't the right sort of game for him. I think he shines when he gets the ball at his feet. He has the knack of twisting and turning and coming out with the ball against what look like impossible odds. Tuesday's first half was more of a game of head tennis, which I don't sense he's really about at all. So I guess the answer to the opening question is that it may depend on what style of football we expect to be playing most next season or if there's a way that he can up his game to make the most of his talents. As has been said above, I trust Jones to make that call.
  • Options
    No for me at the moment, both look to me like they could be on their way down, but I wouldn’t rule them out completely yet.
  • Options
    Ladapo has been the biggest disappointment out of all the January signings imo. Just doesn't look up to speed at all, I can't believe how poor his touch is too. Fiorini obviously has been a waste of space, but there wasn't much expectation with him, whereas Ladapo has an excellent record at League 1 - yet somehow looks not up to it.
  • Options
    So far, a definite no on both. 

Ladapo hasn't looked like his old self at all, and at 31, may not find his previous form again. 

Camara would be a better signing of the two, and he's only 27, but his injury struggles concern me. 

Either way, I am just happy with whatever Jones decides. I suspect with his comments about trimming the squad, both of them won't be here next season.