Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hall Of Fame 2024

It is time to cast your vote for the three players to be elected into the Hall Of Fame. As usual, there are three categories, each containing three names. You may vote in all three sections, even if, like most of us, you are too young to have seen play, the names in the pre-1950 section. Voting is simple. Just click on the link - 

Charlton Athletic Hall of Fame 2024

Pre-1950       Ralph Allen, Jack Horton, Scotty Kingsley
1951-85        Cyril Hammond, Billy Kiernan, Brian Kinsey
1986 to date  Matt Holland, John Humphrey, Scott Minto

Voting will end at 10pm on 24th March.

Comments

• Options
    Allen
    Kinsey
    Humphrey 
  • Options
    Scotty Kingsley = most important player in the club's history.

Brian Kinsey

John Humphrey
  • Options
    Kingsley

Kinsey

Holland 
  • Options
    edited February 28
    I think Henry is spot on.

Scotty Kingsley: No Kingsley, no club.
    Brian Kinsey: 85 years an Addick. 14 Seasons in the first team, 9 of them making more than 30 appearances.
    John Humphrey: Player of the season three years running (pity he went to Palace though). 
  • Options
    Gosh, this thread is quiet. Is that an indicator of what it's been like to be a Charlton fan lately?
  • Options
    edited February 28
    The head goes for Humphrey and Holland, but the heart (and not in that sense!) goes to Scott Minto as part of a very important Charlton team for me in the early 90s.
  • Options

Ralph Allen

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Allen_(footballer)

Jack Horton (from 20203 nominee profiles)

Jack Horton

Appearances: 272

Goals: 58

Another winger, Horton hardly missed a match for six seasons and played 272 games for Charlton before being sold to Chelsea in 1933. 

He was one of the stars of the 1928/29 side that won promotion to Division Two, scoring 16 goals during that campaign.

Scott Kingsley (from 2020 nominees profiles)

Arguably one of Charlton’s most significant figures. Despite only featuring for 20 games, it was Kingsley who put forward the idea of reforming the club after the First World War. There is also a belief that Kingsley was part of the group of people who opted for the location of what is now The Valley.

Scotty also selflessly accepted a move to Fulham in 1922 to help pay for the debt of the stadium cost. This most likely saved the club from closure.

Scotty passed away aged 75 in 1967.

Cyril Hammond

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyril_Hammond

Billy Kiernan 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Kiernan

Brian Kinsey (1956/57 - 1970/71) (from 2020 nominees profiles)

Apps: 418

Goals: 26

Charlton's sixth all-time record appearance maker, the forward turned defender represented the club for 14 seasons. Initially a goalscoring outside left, he was the Charlton's second top scorer in 1961/62, but was converted into a left-back where he became highly accomplished.

SE7 born and bred, his grandfather helped to dig out what we now know as The Valley.

• Options
    Kingsley
    Kinsey 
    Humphery 
  • Options
    The head goes for Humphrey and Holland, but the heart (and not in that sense!) goes to Scott Minto as part of a very important Charlton team for me in the early 80s.
    Ahem, late 80’s
  • Options
    I didn’t see the earlier players play, but the 1985+ nominees are a real tough one.

I think I’ll go Matty Holland, but strong arguments for the others. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The head goes for Humphrey and Holland, but the heart (and not in that sense!) goes to Scott Minto as part of a very important Charlton team for me in the early 80s.
    Ahem, late 80’s
    Edited  :D
  • Options
    Kingsley
    Kinsey
    Humphrey
  • Options
    As an aside, Brian Kinsey lives not far from me in Horton Kirby 
  • Options
    edited February 28
    Not got an opinion on first two categories but I have gotta go for John Humphrey even if he did break my heart 
  • Options
    Kingsley

Kinsey

Humphrey 
  • Options
    Early voting is very close in one category.Have you voted yet?
  • Options
    Kingsley

Kinsey

Humphrey 
  • Options
    John Humphrey.
  • Options
    Kingsley
    Kinsey
    Minto

• Options
    Scotty Kingsley
    Squibs Hammond
    John Humphrey
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Kingsley
    Kinsey 
    Humphrey
  • Options
    Humphrey
  • Options
    Kingsley 
    Kinsey
    Humphrey
  • Options
    Kingsley

Kinsey

Humphrey
  • Options
    Ahem, late 80’s
    I think he means early 90s.
  • Options
    Kingsley
    Kinsey
    Humphrey
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    kingsley
    kinsey
    Humphrey
  • Options
    Info about the candidates are now showing on the news section of the club site