Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How many away games have we sold out the ticket allocation this season so far ?

With Northampton selling out, how many is that this season ?

pompey, orient, Gillingham, Reading (?) - any others ?

pretty impressive given how poor the team has performed this season 

Comments

• Options
    Looking ahead, we will sell out Cambridge, and (heaven forbid) if massive support is needed, Wycombe last game of the season
  • Options
    Bristol Rovers sold out 
  • Options
    Stevenage did as well 
  • Options
    Hang on- some of these grounds are quite small- and the sell outs are the grounds that are the shortest journeys
  • Options
    Hang on- some of these grounds are quite small- and the sell outs are the grounds that are the shortest journeys
    You can only sell what you’ve been allocated and the thread title asks exactly that regardless of location and size of ground though I do get the point you’re trying to make.
  • Options
    Probably all on a Saturday afternoon and when there wasn’t a train strike as well…
  • Options
    It helps that it's much easier to park at other away grounds . I've almost stopped going to the Valley because of Greenwich Councils decision shaft the fans . Also the Blackwall Tunnel seems to be shut half the time plus the trains are so unreliable and there's ULEZ as well although my car is ok . There are hundreds who live out of London who are doing the same as me . I'd much rather go to the away games where it's easier to drive to . Going to The Valley is an absolute Ball Ache . 
    I agree with getting to the Valley Is a ball ache and I live in West Wickham.
    Much rather do away games, especially after being called a first timer yesterday.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    It helps that it's much easier to park at other away grounds . I've almost stopped going to the Valley because of Greenwich Councils decision shaft the fans . Also the Blackwall Tunnel seems to be shut half the time plus the trains are so unreliable and there's ULEZ as well although my car is ok . There are hundreds who live out of London who are doing the same as me . I'd much rather go to the away games where it's easier to drive to . Going to The Valley is an absolute Ball Ache . 
    I agree with getting to the Valley Is a ball ache and I live in West Wickham.
    Much rather do away games, especially after being called a first timer yesterday.
    You have been called a lot worse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    no alien invasion, no blizzards, no third world war. So many things that made it easy to sell out,
  • Options
    With Exeter now selling out that’s now 7 this season, 8 if we cheekily include Cray Valley with 2 more potentially likely to join the list. Not too shabby given the season we’ve had
  • Options
    With Exeter now selling out that’s now 7 this season, 8 if we cheekily include Cray Valley with 2 more potentially likely to join the list. Not too shabby given the season we’ve had
    Sterling effort from the fans when you consider that the players haven’t turned up away this season. What is it two wins (Wigan & Derby) away all season? Must be our worst ever away record in this division (possibly in all divisions it is that bad!)
  • Options
    3 with Cheltenham 
  • Options
    Heros the lot of em!  OR Masochists, you decide.
  • Options
    Portsmouth, Orient and Gillingham were all reduced allocations compared to previous seasons (and sell-outs). 
  • Options
    Portsmouth, Orient and Gillingham were all reduced allocations compared to previous seasons (and sell-outs). 
    For those particular games I suspect we could have been given larger allocations than previous seasons and still sold those ones out 
  • Options
    It's these sorts of numbers which attract potential owners, and indeed the likes of Nathan Jones.
  • Options
    For those particular games I suspect we could have been given larger allocations than previous seasons and still sold those ones out 
    I agree but I don’t think selling out smaller allocations is any achievement, which was why I mentioned it.
  • Options
    It's these sorts of numbers which attract potential owners, and indeed the likes of Nathan Jones.
    Really? I think you’ll find the inflated home attendances are more useful, even though they are ultimately exposed by the relative lack of revenue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I agree but I don’t think selling out smaller allocations is any achievement, which was why I mentioned it.
    Personally, I think selling out a smaller allocation is pretty impressive. When there Is a larger allocation and the number of tickets sold starts to rise then its an easier decision to buy a ticket because it adds a bit to the anticipation of the day out if you go as part of a bigger following.

• Options
    Think selling out when the costs of travel is higher and peoples general budgets are squeezed is hugely impressive 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Think selling out when the costs of travel is higher and peoples general budgets are squeezed is hugely impressive 
    I don’t disagree in respect of Exeter or Northampton.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
      Northampton wasn’t a particularly expensive journey if you are an older git like me who lives in London but I guess it might have been for those living in the sticks
  • Options
    Rothko said:
      Northampton wasn’t a particularly expensive journey if you are an older git like me who lives in London but I guess it might have been for those living in the sticks
    It was a long walk from the station though… 😊

it’s also a pretty underwhelming place to go.
  • Options
    Sterling effort from the fans when you consider that the players haven’t turned up away this season. What is it two wins (Wigan & Derby) away all season? Must be our worst ever away record in this division (possibly in all divisions it is that bad!)
    Top of head….

Once went 28 or was it 29 away games without a win …. Until we beat QPR 4-1 away.

Trust me that was one terrible run . 

Sure @shirty5 would confirm.

Do agree though our fans have had a rough deal this season .
  • Options
    Ignore my ignorance, but as I have not lived in the south for over 20 years and normally only go to away games, is the Valley inside the ULEZ area?
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Ignore my ignorance, but as I have not lived in the south for over 20 years and normally only go to away games, is the Valley inside the ULEZ area?
    Yes & has been for a few years.