Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Derby County v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 27th February 2024 | Match Preview, Prediction & News

Comments

• Congrats Sage, lovely news!

How long is Ramsey out for? Camara for Bakinson should improve the team.
  • edited February 26
    Congrats Sage, lovely news!

I thought NJ said four or five games so back end of March I guess.

Edit; three to four games as per the Pompey press conference update but it’s his hamstring so I doubt whether they’ll rush it
  • Call me nuts 🥜, but I fancy a win 1-2 Addicks.
  • Congrats Sage, lovely news!

Different sort of player though? Bakinson stops other midfields from controlling games. Camera less so I think. 
  • RedChaser said:
    Congrats Sage, lovely news!

I thought NJ said four or five games so back end of March I guess.

Edit; three to four games as per the Pompey press conference update but it’s his hamstring so I doubt whether they’ll rush it
    Hope you're in a better mood today Uncle.
  • Congratulations on the happy news Sage! May it be a good omen for a Charlton win. 
  • well done Mr&Mrs Sage
  • edited February 26
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/jones-previews-derby-trip

Congratulations to you both @Sage and may all your troubles be little ones🧑🏼‍🍼😉
  • 2-0 Tees and Tracey...... Oh sorry wrong century, another hard fought draw. 
    Head say 1-0 heart says 0-0, Looking forward to it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Another tough one hopefully we will put the same effort as Saturday into the game 
    A win would be nice but would take a point so COYR Let's do this  B)
  • Tight, tense game. 1-1
  • Thanks for the preview Sage and many congratulations.  Keep us posted, names etc 😄
  • I think the Derby fan on Charlton Live for the home fixture said they always play the ball out. So on that basis we need may and Kanu to energetically press them, and force a mistake, and this time capitalise on it. Only doubt is whether  May and Kanu can keep it up very long after a taxing game on Saturday
  • edited February 26
    I think the Derby fan on Charlton Live for the home fixture said they always play the ball out. So on that basis we need may and Kanu to energetically press them, and force a mistake, and this time capitalise on it. Only doubt is whether  May and Kanu can keep it up very long after a taxing game on Saturday
    Kanu shouldn’t have a problem, he’s a teenager 😉, Alfie May however has to give him 11 years, still he’s a fit lad and should be ok for 60 minutes 🤞.
  • Derby have signed Dwight Gayle, seems likely he will start upfront for them with Mendez-Laing being pushed out wide. Martyn Waghorn may possibly make the bench.
  • They really don't let in many and we are not free scoring.  Would take 0-0 now. Suspect we lose 2-0 and fall into bottom 4.  
    Then it's 11 cup finals to rescue our season against more beatable opposition.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don’t think they have been that great the last month or so but have obviously been getting good results. However, I can’t see any reason why we can’t go there and bring back all three points. Just pleased that Washington bloke is out injured.
  • Bakinson has been unimpressive in pretty well all the games, save for his debut, but I suspect that he may at least start the game if we set our stall out to stifle Derby's central midfielders, in particular, Hourihane. Warne has reportedly said that Blackett-Taylor is fit and ready to go, although I suspect he'll be on the bench.

Derby were pretty unimpressive at The Valley, although they are undoubtedly a streetwise outfit who are adept at deploying the dark arts. I felt they were a shade fortunate to win at our place, so hopefully we'll get a bit of luck tomorrow night. I'd be delighted with a point, as going unbeaten against the top 3 would surely further bolster the team's confidence and self belief going into the final two months of the season.
  • Congratulations Sage - the ups and downs , love and hate of Charlton will be a similar feeling that you have for your son .
    That magic moment when you see him broken by Charlton or Nescafé waving the oppo fans will be proud parent moments but until he’s done an away trip to Carlisle or some similar ridiculous northern outpost your job as a parent is not complete and considered a failure , lots of hard work ahead for you . Do not let us down x

• Win 5%
    draw 20%
    loss 75%

no chance tonight, I’m on the lash early (no not now it’s the Cadbury’s dump taking place) so apologies in advance for my Tourette’s ridden rant at how shit we and this league are 
  • Congratulations!

Very nervous about this one.  Momentum needs to be maintained and indeed enhanced.  Easier said than done though, I'd be happy to avoid defeat.  
  • No walk in Pride Park this! Maybe a soiled sheet, but with our stainless steel resolve and our bloomers down, we can add to our collection of impressive drawers of late.

1-1 will get us within striking distance of club(s) above and we can all start talking cobblers ahead of Northampton.
  • edited February 27
    Win 5%
    draw 20%
    loss 75%

no chance tonight, I’m on the lash early (no not now it’s the Cadbury’s dump taking place) so apologies in advance for my Tourette’s ridden rant at how shit we and this league are 
    Happy to see them back! But I think that this is a slightly pessimistic prediction percentage based on each team’s last two games and performances. Don’t get me wrong, they’re favourites but I’d give us more than a 5% chance.

If we can get an early goal, Pride park will become a difficult place for them as they can’t really afford to lose this one.

Any positive result is a good one, but I really think this team can go up there with genuine belief they can win this.
  • Have a feeling this might be a bridge too far and Derby will win by a couple of goals. March is a big month starting with a tough trip to Northampton on Saturday. Would be delighted to secure another point tonight. To come out of games against the top three would be a major confidence boost.  UTA.