Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dartford postboxes painted like Mr Blobby and Creme Eggs

A mystery artist is being sought by police in Dartford after postboxes were spray-painted to look like Mr Blobby and a Cadbury's Creme Egg.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-68367893
Composite image of postboxes painted left to right gold then yellow and pink and then with red added

St Vincents Road was seen with a Cadburys creme egg-themed postbox

Comments

• Options
    Someone's done this to the one at the top of Hither Green. Pretty nice, I thought!

• Options
    There's a postbox on College Road in Bromley that has several knitted "toppings" depending on the time of year - Xmas, Valentines, Easter, etc etc.
  • Options
    yeah see lots of knitted tops for post boxes
  • Options
    There's a lovely lady that knits things for the post box outside the Chemist in Petts Wood (Queensway - Sovereign side, not Daylight Arms side) and some bastard keeps vandalising it.  So bloody sad.
  • Options
    all the ones around New Eltham have knitted hats, changed multiple times a year
  • Options
    I maintain that Mr Blobby is creepy and shouldnt be allowed anywhere near children.
  • Options
    I maintain that Mr Blobby is creepy and shouldnt be allowed anywhere near children.
    Hunny monster used to frighten the life out of my daughter
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Hunny monster used to frighten the life out of me

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Someone's done this to the one at the top of Hither Green. Pretty nice, I thought!

Disgrace, the culprit needs to be caught and sent down for a long time. WTF even is that?
  • Options
    A year or so ago one of the original costumes was up on Ebay. Went for £62k but the buyer reneged on the deal.  He wasn't looking his best to be fair.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 22
    cafcfan said:
    A year or so ago one of the original costumes was up on Ebay. Went for £62k but the buyer reneged on the deal.  He wasn't looking his best to be fair.

So was it a deal or no deal?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Definitely a bit crinkly at the bottom.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Chunes said:

Disgrace, the culprit needs to be caught and sent down for a long time. WTF even is that?

Astronaut in space.
  • Options
    Mr Tatters has crocheted the odd bit for Xmas decorations around Eynsford and  Farningham. 
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    Thank god for that. Imagine the traumatising effect of seeing a post box decorated as a creme egg. Nice to see the police focusing on the stuff that people care about. Anyone care to grass on the lady in Petts Wood?
  • Options
    He should change his name to Banksy.
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    Thank god for that. Imagine the traumatising effect of seeing a post box decorated as a creme egg. Nice to see the police focusing on the stuff that people care about. Anyone care to grass on the lady in Petts Wood?
    Yeah, the police should really be targeting the real criminals, people whose rear wheels are in a yellow box junction.
  • Options
    edited March 12
    Wilma said:
    so vandalism isnt a problem then, how would you feel if your car was painted (crappily)) as a crunchie?