Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Bolton Wanderers Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 17th February 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Not watching but to be ahead and still have May and Aneke to come on is very positive. Great opportunity today and we need to take it and ease some relegation fears 
  • ross1 said:
    Lol.

2 shots.

2 on target.

2 goals!
  • JamesSeed said:
    OK so we're better than Bolton (when they don't have Santos).
    They are dreadful to be fair. Offered nothing and shaky at the back. 
    I know it’s silly to think this based on 45 mins of football, but how are we near the bottom of a league that they’re near the top of? 

Clearly Bolton are having a bit of an off day so far, but it shows how poor this league is that they were just a point off the automatic spots before today’s match. We should never be where we are in this division, it’s a travesty. 
  • Kanu is an absolute Duracell bunny. Workrate off the charts 
    He and May are similar in this respect. I'd happily see May replace Ladapo around 60 mins and then Chuks on 10-15mins later.
  • keep this lead and the old one two off the bench with May and Chuks
  • Sorry but Santos - Charles - Baxter being absent cant be the reason for them looking poor that half

Still a long way to go, but equally cant see how three players have them so high up the table - Think Bolton's performance today is slightly credit to how we started, we've unnerved them, not let them settle with the press... and whilst they've looked in "control" (without doing much), its not been enough
  • HMS Piss the League just leaving port?
  • Sponsored links:

• If you were a Bolton fan you'd be fuming at that half. Behind to a side that haven't won in their last 10.

Feels like I've watched that performance from the alternative perspective many many times.
  • You have to say, their keeper for both goals .......

• Always felt Charlton had been in this game - Bolton dominating the ball but not creating a host of chances. Charlton haven't either but found a way. Still a long way to go.
  • ross1 said:

Chip the ball into the inflatable bathtub as the HT entertainment is a new one for me.

closest most of the locals have had to a wash 
  • Off_it said:
    You have to say, their keeper for both goals .......
    He's poor but I reckon its harsh on our players

The first one he probably gathers with ease, but the run and "attempted" header from Ladapo no doubt distracts him... the second, he probably sees extremely late, given the amount of bodies it goes through.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chalk and cheese performance from the rest of the season. Organised, nasty and together as a group. Convinced Jones is the man to get us back to where we want to be. 
    Not to get too ahead of ourselves of course.

• ross1 said:

Chip the ball into the inflatable bathtub as the HT entertainment is a new one for me.

If that’s a Victorian Plumbing bath it will fucking burst the first time a ball hits it.
  • Same players different team.
  • Currently only 21 points off the playoff spots 
  • WOW! Just WOW!

Tinglicious !
  • Need to keep it tight. 

If we end up throwing the game away after getting into this position, it'll decimate what confidence we've been building up. 
  • Off_it said:
    You have to say, their keeper for both goals .......
    Agree for the second. The first Ladapo's perfect run and missed header threw him. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!