Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Footballco select Charlton Athletic for Groundbreaking Content Partnership

Comments

• edited February 16
    (Current) Creative Director Tom Brandhorst (who produced this) has a really cool portfolio page.  You can see one iconic shirt hanging on his wall.  Just in case anyone has any concerns about whether there's a genuine relationship between CAFC and FootballCo. 

https://horst-studios.com/kiosk
  • IanJRO said:
    Amazing ad placement with this post! 
    World famous brand Southall Travel.

• edited February 17
    sam3110 said:
    .... Can anyone on here actually work out what any of this means? It was uploaded to the club website a couple of hours ago but I can't actually make head or tail of it. I presume they're a brand growing app or company that specifically helps football clubs target younger audiences, but I haven't really got a Scooby 
    I am so pleased you posted this after your OP, Sam. I was reading that thinking, 'I feel so old, I feel so old'. At least now I feel normal again.
  • Off_it said:
    "And the Charlton vibe is what it is all about: urban, diverse, fun, aspirational content which tells authentic stories without the pomposity that can be associated with professional football clubs."

Did they really say "fun"? 

I think they've judged that wrongly .....
    Drivel nonsense by someone who has never been a Charlton game in their lives: Absolute word soup 

Yep that pretty much sums up Off_it's posts.
    That's harsh. But if you change "never" to "rarely" then it's probably fair!
  • Sponsored links:

• Christ were a cynical bunch. No idea what it’s about but I’m pleased anyway.
  • Shouldn't this be on the "Things that make you feel old..." thread?

I'm sure it means something to a Generation Z'er (although aren't they already possibly 40 themselves?) but this corporate guff goes straight over my head. It may or may not be a good thing, let's hope so, but ultimately I suppose whether I get it or not is not the point if it's successful at communicating to it's target audience? 

• hezzla said:
    That Chuks "from The Ends to The Valley" video suddenly makes a lot more sense.

• edited February 16
    Christ were a cynical bunch. No idea what it’s about but I’m pleased anyway.
    and it's not as if we have any reason to be cynical? oh hold on.... we have!
  • Chizz said:
    (Current) Creative Director Tom Brandhorst (who produced this) has a really cool portfolio page.  You can see one iconic shirt hanging on his wall.  Just in case anyone has any concerns about whether there's a genuine relationship between CAFC and FootballCo. 

For some reason this reminded me of something? Cant think what though...

• edited February 16
    "Footballco Select Charlton" otherwise known as "Charlton are paying Footballco".
  • Pure gibberish. To think someone was actually paid to write this stuff. 

However, if their point was to get us talking about their brand, it worked. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Hal1x said:
    Chizz said:

For some reason this reminded me of something? Cant think what though...

Does the statue represent the song 'running round Brighton with our willies hanging out'?
  • Is there nobody on Charlton Life that has a child able to explain this bollox? 
    Perhaps the announcement makes sense to the target audience perhaps not but IMHO as a marketing approach is misses the mark like most of Dobbos shots.
    I genuinely hope that whatever the plan is that it's successful,  but right now it appears that absolutely nobody knows what that is.
  • sam3110 said:
    .... Can anyone on here actually work out what any of this means? It was uploaded to the club website a couple of hours ago but I can't actually make head or tail of it. I presume they're a brand growing app or company that specifically helps football clubs target younger audiences, but I haven't really got a Scooby 

• edited February 17
    Gen Z tend to choose brands that reflect their values which is why we see so much socially and environmentally conscious marketing these days. But is that how people choose their football team? I don't know about that. I would be very surprised if there are people who say they support X FC "because of their work in the community."
  • I think this initiative will have a limited impact where it’s able to have an impact and for the vast majority of us it’s something we’ll probably never have an interaction with. 
  • If there is a problem with older people wanting to keep things as they have always been, evidently the solution is to propose something completely incomprehensible to said older people so they can’t comment on it.
    As the film says, Pigeon Toed Orange Peel.