Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alexei Navalny RIP

edited February 16 in Not Sports Related
Died after a morning walk in prison aged 47.
Opposing Putin has a very high price.

Comments

• Options
    No doubt natural causes.
  • Options
    Was a very brave man, standing up to Putin for what he believed in.

Unfortunately this was always the most likely outcome.

RIP.
  • Options
    русский герой. A Russian Hero. 
  • Options
    was it a morning walk to a high open window ?

RIP 
  • Options
    This is a Very sad day
    such a very brave man
    RIP Alexi
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Collapsed and lost consciousness on a walk, and I think they've said he's died of natural causes, which at 47 years of age isn't really heard of. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Collapsed and lost consciousness on a walk, and I think they've said he's died of natural causes, which at 47 years of age isn't really heard of. 
    I mean, I guess if you've already poisoned and starved the guy, then he's at a bit more risk of an early death....

But still obviously doubt it!
  • Options
    RIP.
    A brave man.
  • Options
    A hero, he paid the price for standing up to Putin. 
  • Options
    RIP, brave man. 
  • Options
    À brave man that knew he would be killed. I hope the citizens of Russia can find some balls just to acknowledge him and the cause. 
  • Options
    Another Putin special operaton no doubt?

RIP.  If only the Russian people deserved you Alexi.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sad news, a very brave man and a much better option than Putin.

If he'd ever achieved power we could well have been a bit disappointed with what his views might have been (certainly Ukrainians would not appreciate his stated Crimean position), a bit prone to unwise/headstrong decisions (like returning to Russia after being poisoned) and he might have been a member of the metropolitan elite, but clearly someone who offered something different than the current quasi-dictatorship.
  • Options
    RIP. It takes a lot of guts to stand up against wrong. 
  • Options
    Russian leaders since time immemorial maintain their reputation and tradition as murdering, cowardly horrible, ruthless bastards .. R I P Alexei, let's hope that the sacrifice of your life will prove worth it in the very long run
  • Options
    So very courageous but so sadly inevitable

RIP Alexei
  • Options
    Fair play to the guy for lasting as long as he did given he was poisoned 3.5 years ago. I thought he'd have been long gone by now.

His death has to be suspect especially when you read this bit "Navalny was last seen only one day before his death, looking well and laughing during a court hearing via video link."
  • Options
    An incredibly brave hero that should be respected the world over. 

RIP
  • Options
    RIP.  Murdered by the state.
  • Options
    Absolutely shocking but really it was not unexpected. He stood up for what he believed and paid the price as many have who have crossed Putin. 
    Brave man.