Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Final position

2»

Comments

• Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    19th and worse season in recent history :disappointed:
    Would you take 19th this season and 11th next, or 21st this season and 1st next?
  • Options
    edited February 16
    The problem we got is, we have played more games than the teams around us, had we played the same I would be confident we would stay up.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    19th and worse season in recent history :disappointed:
    That would be our worst position for exactly 100 years!
  • Options
    Sorry to say it but 22nd, prepare for Division 2 
    and Barrow my friends.
  • Options
    and Barrow my friends.
    Barrow are 5th and could go up, Salford are the team should be be preparing for.
  • Options
    edited February 16
    I think we will stay up in about 17/18th place. 

I've got an eye on Shrewsbury, their form is pretty shoddy as well and have tough games, terrible goal difference as well. We play them at home second to last game so that could be a massive game for us. I'd love to send them down as a bit of payback for the play offs. 

Exeter another one, terrible goal difference, showing some signs of life recently but still think they haven't done enough to be out of the fight yet. We also have to play them away so could make up some points there, beaten them 6 times in a row.

I think we will finish above, Shrewsbury, Exeter, Burton, Port Vale, Cheltenham, Fleetwood and Carlisle. Which would have us 17th. 

Ultimately, if we want to stay up. We are gonna need to beat Exeter, Cambridge, Shrewsbury, Fleetwood, Carlisle and Cheltenham. I don't really think the other games matter as much as those, points would be nice any way we can get them of course, but those are the massive games.

Truthfully though, if we go down, provided we could keep Nathan Jones, not go under and have a rebuild of sorts, I'll live. Sometimes I think we could do with a bit of a factory reset. All hypothetical of course that we don't completely fall on our arses if we were to be relegated. 

• Options
    17th - I think we will stay up and be safe with at least 2 games to spare. We have by far the most talented squad in the bottom half of the table, surely it has to click at some point - just needs to be pretty soon!
  • Options
    18th Cambridge and Shrewsbury will get sucked in and end up below us. If our terrible run continues for another 4-6 games we are truly fcuked but I think Nathan will help change our direction within that timeframe and as soon as that first win comes, we’ll be wondering what the fcuk happened in the X games before it? In short, Apples & Scott combined with an insufficiently motivated team  
  • Options
    Twenty-second, I fear.
  • Options
    No idea where we'll end up.
    But at least our situation is great news for those fans that were hoping for a relegation scrap, because it would be better than boring mid table. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought the thread title was asking what people are going to be up to on Valentines night. 
  • Options
    16th

• Options
    Surprised no-one has mentioned the play offs!
  • Options
    18th-20th, survival but probably leaving it very late to confirm.

Hopefully Jones is given time, authority and funds over the summer to absolutely tear up the current squad and put his own stamp on things.
  • Options
    22nd I'm afraid.

• Options
    vffvff
    edited February 16
    Staying up, just about, impressed with Nathan Jones positive adjustment and building mindset. I also think that the players will know that they will have to give everything. It may take a few games to get there but with Nathan Jones running the show (Scott, Methven et SMT restricted away from footballing and player decisions), the team on the pitch will achieve it. 
    First victory will be crucial and turn the tide. This will help bed in the positive changes, that is built on hard work and doing the essential basics of football well.
  • Options
    and Barrow my friends.
    League Two
  • Options
    I think we will stay up but I think chucks staying fit or not will dictate our position.

if he stays fit, we will pick up points against the other struggling teams, they will be dropping points and we will be okay
  • Options
    Surprised no-one has mentioned the play offs!
    Guilty as charged...page one...🙄