Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Reading Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 10th February 2024 :KO 15:00

Comments

• Another Homer Ref.
  • edited February 10
    Really basic stuff in defence, like 'don't play the ball across the face of your own goal' seems to be completely beyond out lot
  • Ladapo is a bust. 
  • Rather see Kanu on instead of Ladapo. Looked very poor so far
  • Ladapo so slow 
  • Ladapo, control the football mate.
  • Why the f**k were we so slow to support Ladapo?
  • For example, we just had the ball at the edge of the area, played it back to the CB (which is fine there were a lot of defenders back) and he lumps it out for a goal kick
  • Really not warming to Ladapo. Rather Kanu up there 
  • Thank god for Isted
  • Sponsored links:

• Terrible, T Watson gives the ball straight to smith and Isted saves us.
  • Watson does a charlton special. Isted to tje res ue again.
  • Another neat save from Isted, to be fair the shot was tight and at his near post, so would be disappointing had he conceded from there.
  • Ladapo bloke is an absolute Donkey 🫏 
  • Ladapos feet are the size of some Naval fleet!

• Sam Smith denied from a tight angle by Isted. Didn't see how the chance came as I looked down with us seemingly in a comfortable position on the ball. I've missed a lot of goals we've conceded for that reason this season.
  • Ladapo is a bust. 
    I fail to see what he brings to the party, he looks slow and lazy. Kanu on at half time please
  • Wycombe 1-0
  • Our out balls so rarely find a red shirt. 
  • We kick it up front to two players stood 20 yards apart from each other. The ball then just comes straight back at us, it's brainless. 
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:
    After a pretty bright start we have regressed to a team that is shaky defensively and not clear what we're supposed to be doing in possession.

I don't think the board realized the risk in making so many changes in January. This is a starting XI that has never started together and I don't think has played together. And it shows. There's not a great understanding of what to do in possession or defensively.

We have to start playing through Coventry and Watson. This is a team that when it had midfield of Dobbo, Fraser, and CC/LW was strong in possession. And keeping the ball is now a huge weak spot which makes us less likely to score goals and puts our defense under more pressure. 
    It’s because the board are shit and don’t have a clue.
  • Thought that was in fs 
  • So close, looked all in from Fred, but no, just a corner

• Oh my, Ladapo shot deflects just wide and hits the advertising board behind the goal. Looks in, only a corner.
  • Yeah, thought it was in as well.....

Good one two and shot leads to a corner 
  • Just jumped up screaming, feel like an idiot haha
  • Oooof thought it was in too. I yelled "never doubted you" 
  • Good effort Ladapo... Unlucky... Good block
  • Also this team looks SO much better pressing and defending on the front foot. Edun is really good at that part of defending, less so some of the other bits
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!