Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

this 70's revival - funny thing is, i like it

the music was great, the clothes were totally naff, the stadium awful, the football swung from diabolical to mediocre for most of the time but had a liveliness about it and for the most part it was fun...i cant remember ever not looking forward to the next game and the game after that etc etc etc...and for some reason i just keep thinking our current situation reminds me of then only this time around, the music's mediocre and the stadium's light years ahead of what we had before and i keep looking forward to the next game...if we can avoid relegation in this decade i think we're in for a treat (that's a chocolate covered peanut for those of you that weren't around in the 70's)...

Comments

• I always did look forward to the next game, even during the Selhurst years when it was odds on that we'd get a defeat. talking about relegation, have we ever gone a complete decade (ie from first to last year of the decade rather than ten years from 1967- whatever) without a relegation? Maybe not since the 40s?

Musically I was more late 70s - The Clash, SLF and the whole punk thing but worryingly now I find myself liking Pink Floyd and early '70s music.
  • and the managers seemed to change on a regular basis...