Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barry John RIP

Comments

• Options
    One time Welsh Rugby Union Wizard .. R I P
  • Options
    Just a matter of a couple of weeks after JPR's passing

RIP
  • Options
    Fantastic player, one of the all time greats. His form for the Lions was brilliant. RIP BJ10
  • Options
    RIP. 
  • Options
    RIP King John
  • Options
    One of the greatest. RIP
  • Options
    One of the games all time greats.

RIP…..Barry…..RIP.

• Options
    RobRob
    edited February 4
    I met him in 1977 in the clubhouse of Bath RFC when I played Rugby, worked and lived down there. What a player he was. RIP Barry. 
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    Fantastic player, one of the all time greats. His form for the Lions was brilliant. RIP BJ10
    I saw the Lions when they played a provincial match against Wellington in 1971.  His combination with Gareth Edward’s at halfback was magical and great to watch.  The Lions racked up about 40 points and I remember a yobbo behind me call out just wait till you meet the All Blacks.  The Lions won the series 2-1  and I remember Barry John jinking all over the field without a hand being laid on him.  There was some quote at the time about him skipping through a field of daffodils.
  • Options
    Made some iconic James Bond themes. R.I.P
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 5
    Amazing that both Barry John and George Best's fantastic careers at the top were over by the time they were 27.

Barry John retired and Best decided that he had other interests so football became less important to him and Drink and women took priority as his career slipped after leaving United.

RIP Barry John.
  • Options
    The greatest number 10  RIP 
  • Options
    Fantastic talent.

RIP
  • Options
    and his name will always be bracketed with Gareth Edwards, two rugby geniuses in an era when rugby was a very different game to what it it today .. again, R I P Barry John
  • Options
    and his name will always be bracketed with Gareth Edwards, two rugby geniuses in an era when rugby was a very different game to what it it today .. again, R I P Barry John
    Very different players looked small compared to now, RIP Barry John.
  • Options
    Absolutely incredible that Wales could produce David Watkins, Barry John and Phil Bennett one after the other 
  • Options
    Fantastic player. Shame he retired so early but he'd done everything in the game available to him at that time.
  • Options
    A real flair player when rugby wasn't the game it is today. RIP 
  • Sponsored links: