Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Urgent help needed please!

I’ve got a work friend who has travelled down from Wakefield to the game today (he’s doing random league 1 fixtures this season) but the idiot thought he could get a ticket on the door. 

They’re on restricted sale so he’s not able to get one. Is anyone kind enough to grab him a ticket which he’ll obviously pay you for? 

I know it’s short notice, he’s currently near the east stand ticket office! 

Cheers in advance 

Comments

• Options
    Hope you got it sorted
  • Options
    Stig said:
    I don't think it makes you an idiot for expecting to get a ticket on the door. I'm sitting here looking at 10,000 empty seats. If it's true that you genuinely can't buy a ticket on the door, I'd say someone else is the idiot.

Good luck to your mate.
    Thought the same to be honest. He was able to get one as he approached someone at 2.45 who kindly bought him one. But yeah members only, I telephoned the ticket office and asked if I could buy one on my account over the phone and either receive the ticket via email/text or him collect it at the office and was told only the purchaser could collect with ID. Obviously not an option as I was about 4 hours away. 
  • Options
    Had Derby sold out the away end? If so, then I assume it was restricted sale to stop them buying in home areas.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Had Derby sold out the away end? If so, then I assume it was restricted sale to stop them buying in home areas.
    I am presuming the same to be honest, which I don’t think is unreasonable. I do find it a bit nuts that someone who has had an account for years couldn’t buy a ticket for someone else to collect though. 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

Even so, with restricted sale games it would interesting to know how many how many people are turned away on the day?