Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kayne Ramsay signs from Harrogate - 3.5 year deal, undisclosed fee, subject to EFL approval

167891012»

Comments

• Wasn’t he signed on Michael Appletons watch, if so we have a lot to thank Michael for.
    A lot is a bit of a stretch. 
    Maybe one thing. 
  • Wasn’t he signed on Michael Appletons watch, if so we have a lot to thank Michael for.
    After Appleton and a couple of days before Jones came in. I’ve no doubt it was on the recommendation of NJ.
  • I can’t see us keeping hold of him for long unfortunately. 
  • Great player, hopefully we rise through the ranks at the same pace as he will and keep hold of him! 
  • AndyG said:
    I can’t see us keeping hold of him for long unfortunately. 
    How much would you accept? - has three years left on contract.
  • Ferryman said:
    AndyG said:
    I can’t see us keeping hold of him for long unfortunately. 
    How much would you accept? - has three years left on contract.
    Minimum £3m plus add ons 
    A lot is a bit of a stretch. 
    Maybe one thing. 
    Pretty sure he was an NJ signing although he wasn’t officially our manager at the time.
    same as Thierry small.
    couple of players identified by NJ
  • Sponsored links:

• Off_it said:
    Wouldn’t swap him for any other RB in the league. Championship player 
    Comments like that do make me laugh. I mean, I think he's great, but have you seen every other right back in the league already this season?
    To be honest, I've always seen the 'wouldn't swap him' comments not necessarily as meaning he's the absolute best in the league but more he's great for us and we love him. I wouldn't have traded Chris Powell for anyone in the Premier League but I appreciate that he wasn't necessarily as good as Ashley Cole
  • Scoham said:
    I find it interesting that he posts highlights of his own games after every match
  • sam3110 said:
    Scoham said:
    I find it interesting that he posts highlights of his own games after every match
    Cracking CV,  far more interesting than mine.
  • sam3110 said:
    Scoham said:
    Putting himself in the shop window.

• 𝗟𝗲𝗮𝗴𝘂𝗲 𝗢𝗻𝗲 𝗗𝗿𝗶𝗯𝗯𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗱 🏃‍♂️ 

2️⃣0️⃣ Louie Barry

1️⃣9️⃣ Jack Diamond & Kayne Ramsay

1️⃣7️⃣ Kwame Poku

1️⃣5️⃣ Rob Apter, CJ Hamilton & Junior Quitirna

• 𝗟𝗲𝗮𝗴𝘂𝗲 𝗢𝗻𝗲 𝗗𝗿𝗶𝗯𝗯𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗱 🏃‍♂️ 

2️⃣0️⃣ Louie Barry

1️⃣9️⃣ Jack Diamond & Kayne Ramsay

1️⃣7️⃣ Kwame Poku

1️⃣5️⃣ Rob Apter, CJ Hamilton & Junior Quitirna
    The only defender in that list 
  • Junior Quitirna was with us for a couple of years after we signed him for our u21s from Hornchurch.
  • Scoham said:
    Junior Quitirna was with us for a couple of years after we signed him for our u21s from Hornchurch.
    Yeah him and Odoh (now @ Peterborough) are doing well after their release by us @ U21 level
  • Scoham said:
    Junior Quitirna was with us for a couple of years after we signed him for our u21s from Hornchurch.
    Yeah him and Odoh (now @ Peterborough) are doing well after their release by us @ U21 level
    Can’t get everything right. Some players will thrive in a different environment too. Think they’re still players to be proud of
  • fenaddick said:
    Scoham said:
    Can’t get everything right. Some players will thrive in a different environment too. Think they’re still players to be proud of
    Absolutely... Also a good reference to others who get released by us each summer
  • Sponsored links:

• Well we are crying out for someone in midfield who can carry the ball up the pitch and drag the team forward. He is also able to pick a pass... 

But that would another square peg situation and would leave us with Watson at RWB/RB... Would rather keep it as it is... 
  • 995632 said:
    Well we are crying out for someone in midfield who can carry the ball up the pitch and drag the team forward. He is also able to pick a pass... 

But that would another square peg situation and would leave us with Watson at RWB/RB... Would rather keep it as it is... 
    If we played a system with wingers, then Ramsay could be perfect for a modern inverted full back role, moving into midfield when we have the ball, rather than getting to the byline and getting crosses in which is probably his biggest weakness at the moment 
  • NabySarr said:
    995632 said:
    Well we are crying out for someone in midfield who can carry the ball up the pitch and drag the team forward. He is also able to pick a pass... 

If we played a system with wingers, then Ramsay could be perfect for a modern inverted full back role, moving into midfield when we have the ball, rather than getting to the byline and getting crosses in which is probably his biggest weakness at the moment 
    He, like Edwards, is a better full back than wingback. 442 would suit them both best going forward.
  • I'm intrigued by all the "spider" comments.
  • aliwibble said:
    I'm intrigued by all the "spider" comments.
    Kayne “long legs” Ramsay