Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Squire and Liam Gallagher @ Troxy

Anyone have any presale tips?

Comments

• Options
    I think you needed to preorder the album by yesterday to get access to the presale
  • Options
    Priority tickets look like they are sold out to me.
  • Options
    I managed to get tickets for The Troxy gig using the album presale code.  I was trying for Kentish Town as well using O2 Priority, but failed on that one. I’d say priority are sold out now and can’t believe they’ll make general sale. 

Worth checking on Twickets for any resales. 
  • Options
    General sale is tomorrow at 9.30, they never release all the tickets to presale. 
  • Options
    General sale is tomorrow at 9.30, they never release all the tickets to presale. 
    I’d say that’s usually correct but these two London venues are tiny given the individuals involved. When I was in the queue, there were 900-1100 in front of me for each venue and with a max of 2 tickets each.  I’d be surprised if anything is left for general sale. 
  • Options
    edited February 2
    ah well I'll give it a go

• Options
    TelMc32 said:
    I’d say that’s usually correct but these two London venues are tiny given the individuals involved. When I was in the queue, there were 900-1100 in front of me for each venue and with a max of 2 tickets each.  I’d be surprised if anything is left for general sale. 
    There were resale tickets available for £85 yesterday.
  • Options
    £85 seems the standard price, so I shall give it a swerve after all
  • Options
    edited February 2
    Got 2 for The Troxy, had to do the CD bundle. 
  • Options
    My interest piqued by this Mirror article. 

Listening on Spotify I thought 'You're not the only one' reminded me of Led Zep's Rock and Roll, while 'I'm So Bored' had a Last train to Clarskville vibe.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had the album on cycle this morning. It's alright, but nothing special. No bad tracks, but nothing that stood out either. Only time my ears really pricked up was when I thought they were going to break into Strawberry Fields. I'd imagine it would make a decent set list for a boozy night in a small venue. Elevator music for old rockers.
  • Options
    Well that was a bit shit.
    I saw the recent set list so knew what was coming. 
    They played the whole album (10 tracks) plus a Jumpin' Jack Flash encore.
    I don't blame them for playing their stuff, but there's only 2 good songs, Just Another Rainbow & Mars to Liverpool. 6/10
    Better than staying in though. 
  • Options
    Any decent support?
  • Options
    edited March 26
    Swerve said:
    Any decent support?
    Jake Bugg, who I’ve always loved.  I actually enjoyed the whole gig. Still getting used to the album.  Agree with CE that there’s really only a couple of good tracks on it, but I had a great night. 
  • Options
    devdev
    edited March 27
    TelMc32 said:
    Swerve said:
    Any decent support?
    Jake Bugg, who I’ve always loved.  I actually enjoyed the whole gig. Still getting used to the album.  Agree with CE that there’s really only a couple of good tracks on it, but I had a great night. 
    Both my lads went last night and came back underwhelmed (Shit!)

Too many long solos and Liam didn't seem as fully invested as you'd expect.

We saw Noel last Thursday at the Albert Hall and we all agreed that was the best Oasis/Liam?Noel gig we had ever seen.

4/10 at best in their view.
  • Options
    Whilst I'm a huge fan of John Squire, both he and Liam Gallagher are living on the back of huge success with their original bands. An odd song aside neither have produced anything decent on their own.

As someone who grew up on The Roses and have seen them many times live (often not very good!) it's probably time Squire stuck to his artwork.

I did go and see a tribute gig the other week, Oasis, Stone Roses and the Smiths, was really good!
  • Options
    Only on stage for 55 mins according to the review I read. That’s taking the piss
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Whilst I'm a huge fan of John Squire, both he and Liam Gallagher are living on the back of huge success with their original bands. An odd song aside neither have produced anything decent on their own.

As someone who grew up on The Roses and have seen them many times live (often not very good!) it's probably time Squire stuck to his artwork.

I did go and see a tribute gig the other week, Oasis, Stone Roses and the Smiths, was really good!

Liam Gallagher is indeed living off the legacy of Oasis - but bear in mind that he was not the principal writer. Squire is somewhat different in that he was the principal creative drive of The Roses, but then I've always held a pretty ambivalent view of just how good they were.

The exception is The Smiths - Morrissey was the overwhelming driver but Marr was and still is an incredible talent.
  • Options
    edited March 27
    Stig said:
    Had the album on cycle this morning. It's alright, but nothing special. No bad tracks, but nothing that stood out either. Only time my ears really pricked up was when I thought they were going to break into Strawberry Fields. I'd imagine it would make a decent set list for a boozy night in a small venue. Elevator music for old rockers.
    and a nice earner for the pension pot, 'show biz nostalgia trips' can be VERY lucrative businesses 
  • Options
    Wasn’t there last night and I love them both but this always likely to be shite

Like watching a ‘legends’ football match 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only on stage for 55 mins according to the review I read. That’s taking the piss
    Yep and cost about £85 as I had to buy the album to get a ticket.
    Ces't la Vie.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Rob7Lee said:

Liam Gallagher is indeed living off the legacy of Oasis - but bear in mind that he was not the principal writer. Squire is somewhat different in that he was the principal creative drive of The Roses, but then I've always held a pretty ambivalent view of just how good they were.

The exception is The Smiths - Morrissey was the overwhelming driver but Marr was and still is an incredible talent.
    Squire's biggest problem is he's never really evolved, same sound he's putting out as 35 years ago.

Agree on the Smiths and Marr, one of the few people I've met and was totally tongue tied!
  • Options
    Saw the two of them on Jon Ross the other week.
    Couldn't work out if Squire was trying to be edgy or he was just plain boring?
  • Options
    Yep and cost about £85 as I had to buy the album to get a ticket.
    Ces't la Vie.
    You don’t have to buy the alarm, if you don’t want to. Somewhere on the web page, it will say no purchase necessary, click on that, it will ask for you name & email address. You will get the pre sale code along with everyone who purchased the album.