Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players Marks: Blackpool v Charlton (closes Sunday teatime)

2»

Comments

• Fmark: 6 First half team selection was far too negative. Could really have cost us as there was nobody to run the ball up the pitch. Subs were positive though 
    AMB: 5 Shaky. Seems low on confidence
    NESS: 6 OK game. Made the tackles when he needed to without being commanding. 
    THOMAS: 7.5 Strong at the back and then caused problems for them when playing out left. Final ball needs some work. 
    GILLESPHEY: 6.5 Looked ok in the first half
    ASIIMWE: 4 Very poor in the wing back role. Expected him to attack his player much more
    REG: 6.5 I think he will be a good player for us. More composed on the ball than the rest of the defenders. 
    DOBSON: 6.5 Playing deeper again, covered a lot of ground and made a lot of tackles, but doesn't offer a whole lot going forward.
    BAKINSON: 6.5 Like this guy. Preferred him playing deeper in the second half as he is not creative playmaker we need. 
    T.WATSON: 7 I thought he did well and looked dangerous going forward in the second half. 
    MAY: 7.5 His workrate and dedication is excellent. Always a nuisance for their defenders.
    LADAPO: 5 Off the pace. Even in the warm up he didn't look sharp at all.
    JONES: 5 Horrible to see him playing with no confidence. Clearly beating himself up over his errors. 
    KANU: 7 Livewire when he came on. Offered much more than Ladapo.
    Referee: 
    L.WATSON: Why doesn't he start every week? 
  • AMB: 6
    NESS: 6
    THOMAS: 7
    GILLESPHEY: 6
    ASIIMWE: 5
    REG: 6
    DOBSON: 7
    BAKINSON: 7
    T.WATSON: 7
    MAY: 8
    LADAPO: 6
    JONES: 6
    KANU: 6
  • AMB: 5 Shakey and poor decision making when coming out 
    NESS: 6 Solid enough 
    THOMAS: 7 Looking good defending and going forward with it 
    GILLESPHEY: 6.5 Hope it’s not too bad 
    ASIIMWE: 6 Okay after a bit out the frame 
    REG: 7 What he did he done well. Should’ve had an assist if Ladapo was sharp 
    DOBSON: 7 Standard Dobbo
    BAKINSON: 7 Bright spark for us in midfield
    T.WATSON: 7 Good game from him. Get tackle for the chance where Kanu froze 
    MAY: 7 Our main man for forward play. Always trying to be positive
    LADAPO: 5 Unfit
    JONES: 5 Jeeze that goal
    KANU: 6 Put himself about and a presence but needs to do better/anything with that chance 
    Referee: 5 Homer
  • At the game

AMB: 5
    GILLESPHEY: 5
    ASIIMWE: 5
    REG: 5.5
    BAKINSON: 6.5
    T.WATSON: 6
    MAY: 7
    LADAPO: 5.5
    JONES: 5
    Referee: 6
  • edited January 27
    I have used the list as on the OS and included a mark for Fleming
    Fmark: 7 - unsure about bringing Jones on at ht when he’s so out of form, but defensive grind out a point formation (despite raised eyebrows about toothless attacking threat) did what was needed to be done today
    AMB: 4 shaky AF and slow to distribute. I think we should try Istead instead
    NESS: 6.5 didn’t win much (anything?) in the air but thought he got good tackles and blocks in
    THOMAS: 8 motm our best defender and offered attacking threat when shifted to lwb later on
    GILLESPHEY: 6 steady, shame he got injured
    ASIIMWE: 4 a pretty poor showing I thought, not great defensively and blunt going forward. Can tell he’s been out of the first xi for a while
    REG: 6.5 playing out of position and broke up play adequately but not a long term plan positionally for him I hope
    DOBSON: 7.5 got at them whenever others failed to track
    BAKINSON: 6 for every moment of quality (of which there were arguably a decent number) there were moments of tragedy, getting dispossessed, losing possession or otherwise slowing things down
    T.WATSON: 7.5 his best game I can remember for a while, felt like he kept them quiet down the wing on his wrong side, but didn’t offer much going forward
    MAY: 7.5 love this man, never gives up
    LADAPO: 5 minimal energy, but something to work on
    JONES: 5 despite his howler for their goal, he then became the man mountain we needed with towering headers at the back after
    KANU: 6 great energy when he was up top with May (after FL went off) but why didn’t he square it!
    Referee: 3 shocker, worst performer on the pitch which is quite an achievement. So inconsistent.
    L.WATSON: n/a better with him on the pitch

• edited January 27
    AMB: 3
    NESS: 5
    THOMAS: 7.5
    ASIIMWE: 4
    DOBSON: 7.5
    LADAPO: 4
    JONES: 4
    KANU: 7.5
    Referee: 5
  • edited January 28
    Fleming/Fmark 4.5 - I hope he stays on as a coach but not the man for the job. We were awful for the first 60 minutes. We only improved when he made basically the only Subs available to him.

Michael Hector - Seeing how poor Jones and Ness look when not playing alongside him should put to bed any questions people have about his value. He is a very good CB who sometimes makes mistakes, even if those mistakes are rarer and rarer. And he makes his CB partner much better. 

AMB: 4.5 There are some really good tools there but he isn't ready to be our first choice and I don't know what that means for his future. 24 for a keeper is still pretty young so I'm not going to completely write him off but it's Isted time now and for the foreseeable time. 

NESS: 4 - Looked drastically better next to Hector, pt. 1:
     He definitely benefited last season from playing in a role where he could use his mobility and mop up rather than proactively read the game and snuff out danger, but man has he gone backwards. A loan to L2 would be best. 

THOMAS: 7.5 - Just so dependable 

GILLESPHEY: 5.5 Uh not great 

ASIIMWE: 3.5 - It got so bad in the first half I was hoping Fleming would take him off so he wouldn't jeopardize his chance of getting a loan. 

REG: 6 - players look better when you play them in their natural positions, pt 1: looked OK not great in midfield, but passable. Looked much better as a mobile, ball playing CB. 

DOBSON: 6.5 -  Certainly better from him, but still feel he needs to be the deepest Midfielder to be at his best. 

BAKINSON: 5.5 players look better when you play them in their natural positions, pt 2: Did not look good when playing as the furthest forward Midfielder. The ball doesn't stick to his feet and he's not quick enough. When he signed he always felt like a poor man's Pan Camara and he looked it in the attacking role today. When he played deeper he looked much better and was able to break up play and start attacks. Loves a scooped pass. 

T.WATSON: 5 weird game, had solid moments then disappeared. 

MAY: 7 - Looked our only attacking threat for the first hour. 

LADAPO: 4 - Yikes. I did wonder why Ipswich have seemingly been willing to let him go on loan for two windows now. I don't know if it's lack of fitness/sharpness or he looked good in an Ipswich team that had a lot of quality players to create chances for him behind him.

JONES: 5 Looked drastically better next to Hector, pt. 2: Awful mistake for the goal. He clearly felt terrible. Looked much better after that though. 

KANU: 7 - There was a conversation on the match thread about whether or not he is "limited." He is very limited. He is limited physically, not the biggest or the strongest or the fastest, but more importantly he is limited technically, hia touch isn't great and he's not brilliant on the ball. But when used as a sub, he comes on and makes things happen, just as he did today. He's much better in a front two and off the bench, but that still means he can play a vital role down the stretch. 

Referee: 5 - Not good but not the worst 

L.WATSON: n/a
  • AMB: 5
    THOMAS: 8
    REG: 5
    DOBSON: 6
    BAKINSON: 6
    MAY: 5
    LADAPO: 5
    Referee: 4

• Fmark: 6

AMB: 6
    THOMAS: 6
    ASIIMWE: 6
    BAKINSON: 7
    JONES: 7

• edited January 28
    Fleming
    Fmark: 7 (1 for the starting line up but he made up for it with much better substitutions)
    AMB: 4
    NESS: 7
    GILLESPHEY: 7
    REG: 5
    BAKINSON: 4
    MAY: 8
  • Sponsored links:

• Fmark:  8
    AMB:  5
    NESS:  6
    THOMAS: 6.5
    GILLESPHEY: 6.5
    ASIIMWE:  5
    REG:  6
    T.WATSON: 7.5
    MAY:  7
    JONES:  5
    Referee:  6
  • edited January 28
    Fmark: 7
    NESS: 5
    THOMAS: 6
    ASIIMWE: 6
    BAKINSON: 7.5
    KANU: 6.5
  • Fmark: 7
    THOMAS: 8
    GILLESPHEY: 6.5
    BAKINSON: 6
    LADAPO: 5
    KANU: 6.5
  • Fmark: 5.5
    AMB: 4
    NESS: 4.5
    THOMAS: 6.5
    ASIIMWE: 4.5
    LADAPO: 5.5
  • Fmark4 shocking set up first half
    AMB 3 Absolute calamity waiting to happen which nearly did. Needs dropping. 
    NESS 4 crap
    THOMAS 7 our best player
    GILLESPHEY 5 injured says it all
    ASIIMWE 3 Absolutely rubbish
    REG 5 Average 
    DOBSON 5 Knows he’s off
    BAKINSON 6 ok
    T.WATSON 5 Average 
    MAY 7 Always trying unlike some of the others
    LADAPO 4 Looks crap
    JONES 3 what can you say 
    KANU5 Runs about a lot.