Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are we up for it?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I would be up for it! I would patrol from Fiveways to the Bull Chislehurst.
    But not before 8am in the morning or after 5 at night with an hour for lunch. Monday -Friday.
    Half day Wednesday. 30 days holidays a year. The gun cant be too heavy, or have a pointy bayonet.
    The boots must be comfy and no one is to be shouty at me. 
  • Options
    Comedian I follow on the socials called Elliott Steel hit the nail on the head, he said something along the lines of:

Britain will never win a war with Russia, Hitler tried it on with the full force of Germany, and got done by the weather, in England we can’t even run a train in the snow never mind overpower the Russians in winter.  
    The British victory over the Russians in the Crimean War says otherwise but the two rules of warfare are never invade Russia in the winter and never invade Afganistan full stop. 

Not that the Crimean war in the 1850s was an example of Britain being tougher and better organised in the good old days as the Charge of Light Brigade and the work of Mary Seacole showed.  As I'm married to a Barts Nurse I refuse to acknowledge the other, more famous, nurse.
  • Options
    What, with my feet...? 
    That sketch was an all time classic 
  • Options
    The penny has got so far to drop with UK society today, that by the time everyone realises "shit this is serious"  it'll be all over.

I am 60, so baggsie either the Corporal Jones or Private Fraser role, do a cracking John Laurie impression.
  • Options
    Comedian I follow on the socials called Elliott Steel hit the nail on the head, he said something along the lines of:

Britain will never win a war with Russia, Hitler tried it on with the full force of Germany, and got done by the weather, in England we can’t even run a train in the snow never mind overpower the Russians in winter.  
    The British victory over the Russians in the Crimean War says otherwise but the two rules of warfare are never invade Russia in the winter and never invade Afganistan full stop. 

Not that the Crimean war in the 1850s was an example of Britain being tougher and better organised in the good old days as the Charge of Light Brigade and the work of Mary Seacole showed.  As I'm married to a Barts Nurse I refuse to acknowledge the other, more famous, nurse.
    I said to myself before I entered the room there will be bickering and the history buffs will be out in force, I’ve been on this forum far too long..
  • Options
    Serious question but is the Russian Army numerically up to World War 3 ? 
  • Options
    edited January 25
    seth plum said:
    I am trying to work out how war is ever fun.
    Nope, nothing coming through yet.
    Aaaaaaand back in the room.
    ‘allo ‘allo
  • Options
    Serious question but is the Russian Army numerically up to World War 3 ? 
    Not a chance 
  • Options
    edited January 25
    In a conventional war Russia would be kerplunked within a week, and they know this, hence the "putting their nuclear defence on high alert" threat within two days of them invading Ukraine. The only reason Putin is getting cocky is because of his huge nuclear arsenal, and nuclear war achieves nothing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrBurns said:
    I'd fight for Boris but I'm turning 81 in a couple months
    Most of his supporters are! 
  • Options

• Options
    seth plum said:
    I am trying to work out how war is ever fun.
    Nope, nothing coming through yet.
    Aaaaaaand back in the room.
    ‘allo ‘allo
    And Dad's Army and MASH but impossible to explain that to those who can't understand basic English 
  • Options
    The penny has got so far to drop with UK society today, that by the time everyone realises "shit this is serious"  it'll be all over.

I am 60, so baggsie either the Corporal Jones or Private Fraser role, do a cracking John Laurie impression.
    The cold steel - they don't like it up 'em!

• Options
    We are all safe.

Boris: I’d sign up to fight for King and country. Yes, Sah! According to his Daily Mail column. 
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:
    We are all safe.

Boris: I’d sign up to fight for King and country. Yes, Sah! According to his Daily Mail column. 
    Didn’t he hide in a fridge from a journalist once?
  • Options

So you gave the notes with her on it to charity.

Nice one Henry 👍