Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: CHARLTON 2-3 NORTHAMPTON

many thanks to the 78 Lifers who gave marks:

Comments

• Options
    Very happy for TT. He’s done well in some high pressure games. 
  • Options
    I must have been watching a different game. 
  • Options
    Hard to see where the next point is coming from.
  • Options
    edited January 24
    Yep I thought the same when I saw your marks, Jones was responsible for the first two goals you gave him a 6 and Ladapo who was poor 6.5 🤷‍♂️. Still we all see things in a match differently and the final stats from 78 fans are usually a fair reflection. If it’s any consolation I thought REG had an ok debut and should’ve been higher than 8th out of 12 sets of marks 😉.
  • Options
    I'm so glad Dobbo got 2nd, I thought I was going crazy for a minute there. Thought he played really well but seen so many comments here and (mostly) on Twitter that he was rubbish. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Yep I thought the same when I saw your marks, Jones was responsible for the first two goals you gave him a 6 and Ladapo who was poor 6.5 🤷‍♂️. Still we all see things in a match differently and the final stats from 78 fans are usually a fair reflection. If it’s any consolation I thought REG had an ok debut and should’ve been higher than 8th out of 12 sets of marks 😉.
    Agreed. Jones has the air of a very good player about, without being one at the present time. 
    And REG looked very promising a times, for a player making his debut. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I'm so glad Dobbo got 2nd, I thought I was going crazy for a minute there. Thought he played really well but seen so many comments here and (mostly) on Twitter that he was rubbish. 
    He was fired up yesterday. The effort he put in was a great example to the rest of the team. 
  • Options
    Hard to see where the next point is coming from.
    New manager bounce maybe? New players beginning to gel and/or get fit?
  • Options
    Ladapo got 2 assists imo. Probably the worst two assists of all time mind you 
  • Options
    Surprised at this one. Thought Edun was excellent whilst May had one of his worst games for us. Happy for TT though, great to see him doing well after being written off
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is Mr Owen Goals missing from our scorers table?
  • Options
    I think Dobson and May get marked highly as they are well liked generally and obviously put the effort in, which is more than you can say for most. On Tuesday though (and on Saturday too actually) I think they were both perhaps guilty of trying a bit too hard, letting the passion/desperation get the better of them, and trying to force things when a bit of patience and calm might have been more productive.
  • Options
    I think Dobson and May get marked highly as they are well liked generally and obviously put the effort in, which is more than you can say for most. On Tuesday though (and on Saturday too actually) I think they were both perhaps guilty of trying a bit too hard, letting the passion/desperation get the better of them, and trying to force things when a bit of patience and calm might have been more productive.
    We're all too often too patient and that's one of the reasons we're struggling.
    We get forward, delay the pass, now opening isn't there. pass back into midfield, to wing backs to midfield, to defence OH LOOK NOW WE'RE UNDER UNWARRANTED PRESSURE AGAIN.

Sometimes you have to just force it. 
  • Options
    edited January 25
    Dazzler21 said:
    We get forward, delay the pass, now opening isn't there. pass back into midfield, to wing backs to midfield, to defence OH LOOK NOW WE'RE UNDER UNWARRANTED PRESSURE AGAIN.

Not to mention the throw-in / set piece 20 yards into the opponents half, that immediately goes 20 yards backwards, followed by the next pass back to the goalkeeper.
  • Options
    edited January 25
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Not to mention the throw-in / set piece 20 yards into the opponents half, that immediately goes 20 yards backwards, followed by the next pass back to the goalkeeper.
    Yes! It's almost if they're not aware that you can't be offside from a throw in. Get someone to the byline, hold the ball up there, try to win a corner, or at least pin the opposition back near their own goal line.
    Drives me bonkers to see the team giving up a relatively attacking position in the interest of maintaining possession in our own half. It seems to have been like that for years, but you rarely see opposition teams being so negative.
    And we also seem to be the only team in football (including the Premier League) that doesn't have the long throw in their locker. We seem to think we're too good for such primitive tactics.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    Is Mr Owen Goals missing from our scorers table?
    yes  - as he is not one of our players I ignore his assistance as a "goalscorer"
  • Options
    Thought REG would be higher