Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Now we need to back the players

We can all disagree on how much of the blame lies with Appleton and how much is down to the players. That’s to be expected.

But now seems a good time for the fans to put preconceived opinions to one side and back our players to the hilt.

We need to take a position of ‘Clean Slate’. See how they perform under a new manager.
There are some that may not improve, but there may be quite a few who do, and some who might improve a lot.
I wouldn’t be surprised if some players have been disastrously affected by the negativity at the club.

Apples has gone, so give them your backing for now. You’ll be proved right or wrong in time.

Comments

• We can all disagree on how much of the blame lies with Appleton and how much is down to the players. That’s to be expected.

But now seems a good time for the fans to put preconceived opinions to one side and back our players to the hilt.

We need to take a position of ‘Clean Slate’. See how they perform under a new manager.
    There are some that may not improve, but there may be quite a few who do, and some who might improve a lot.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if some players have been disastrously affected by the negativity at the club.

Apples has gone, so give them your backing for now. You’ll be proved right or wrong in time.
    The Fans backed the players a lot last night
  • Those players were not properly coached by MA, I don’t blame them - but expect to see immediate improvement. 

Dobbo will be gone in a week and we will be without an obvious skipper to lead the fight. 
    Tough times ahead, can’t see a win till March. 
  • Operation Reading!?
  • Agreed, but the players need to pull their socks up. The manager was rubbish, but the effort from some of the players has been shocking. 
  • Solidgone said:
    Operation Reading!?
    They could do with the money!

Tough game for us would be a good idea.
  • Regardless if Pearce is the junior partner in the new interim set up, he needs to be front and centre and visible as the link to the fans. They’ll cut him slack and get behind the team more than if Fleming is the public face. 
  • only if they deserve it.
  • Sponsored links:

• I had no issues with the commitment of the players last night, including those recently signed. There seemed a collective and unified approach amongst them.
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    We can all disagree on how much of the blame lies with Appleton and how much is down to the players. That’s to be expected.

The Fans backed the players a lot last night
    I’m not saying they didn’t. 
    But over the last few weeks (months) there have been a lot of comments online and in the pubs along the lines of “X is useless” “Y is a waste of space” “Z is lazy” and so on.
    By all means, have an opinion, all I’m saying is we should see how things change if we’re right behind them now that Appleton’s gone. We’ve been so down on our luck for so long it’s been hard for us to have confidence. A bit of full blooded support just might help.

Well, it can’t hurt to try. 
    I agree.  This is our team, these are our players like it or not.

I've noticed "Twatson" being used lately, I don't get the point.  What's he done wrong?  Not being good enough?  
  • I think there is a big difference between effort and skill. Dobbo is not as talented as some of our players but gives 100% and has become a fans favourite , Ditto Kanu when he plays , Alfie May is another, and Backinson looks as if it matters to him. 

If the players give it their all then the crowd should  get behind them, even if they make mistakes. 
  • I had no issues with the commitment of the players last night, including those recently signed. There seemed a collective and unified approach amongst them.
    I’m not sure, my sense is not too many of them have been going the extra mile and it’s clear in some of them (such as May) that they’re unhappy. 

Personally I think the players have got off a bit lightly in all this, but agree fully on the get behind : clean slate approach 
  • Solidgone said:
    Operation Reading!?
    Operation turn up at the Valley would be nice. My sense is there were less than 5k of us doing so last night 
  • Players get a clean sheet but will be expected to give 100% for the cause. 

SMT are on thin ice with their poor performance since taking over. 
  • We can all disagree on how much of the blame lies with Appleton and how much is down to the players. That’s to be expected.

Do you mean back the latest bunch of injured deadbeats to come through the door? 
    Come July most of these will be gone and we will be lauding another bunch of deadbeats.

Do you mean back the latest bunch of injured deadbeats to come through the door? 
    Come July most of these will be gone and we will be lauding another bunch of deadbeats.

That’s the spirit. 🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• I hate booing, and will never boo the players. 
    But I get that booing might hasten the end of an unpopular manager. 
  • edited January 25
    Put a shift in, regardless of the result you get clapped off. 

Swan around and stink the gaff out, you get what’s coming to you

The game has not changed since I was born 50 years ago and even before that

That’s the spirit. 🙄
    Some people go to the football just to have a moan, I’m sure of it.
  • edited January 25

That’s the spirit. 🙄
    Some people go to the football just to have a moan, I’m sure of it.
    Not where I sit in the Valley. They want to see a bit of effort and a result if possible. Why would I and the others around me buy season tickets season after season