Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Today's press conference...

What do you think the first question put to Appleton will be? 

Comments

• Options
    Where do you stand on half zip jumpers?
  • Options
    If you have 1 🍎 and you take 1 🍎 away, what does that leave you with?
  • Options
    Where do you stand on half zip jumpers?
    Prob stands same way as everything else, with his hands in his pockets staring silently into the abyss
  • Options
    Well Michael, Northampton Town tomorrow evening and back at the Valley. Are you looking forward to the home fans getting behind you? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So is the stone island Moodie or legit?
  • Options
    He's still here then
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Well Michael, Northampton Town tomorrow evening and back at the Valley. Are you looking forward to the home fans getting behind you? 

COBBLERS !
  • Options
    edited January 22
    Q. "Would you mind if a dozen fans who are compos mentis (most are so damaged including me that may be too many)watch and listen to you in training and see how you communicate with the squad as it looks like you just say to them run around a bit and don't worry about smiling" ?

A. "I don't think I will still be here but a good idea for the next incumbent to allow a dozen selected sober fans with a note book to watch and listen. In fact it might be best if they take the session."

Q "Do you spend time in the afternoon doing extra drills as the team struggle with set pieces whether attacking or depending?

A. "I would like to stay in the afternoon and do that but many of the guys have afternoon Tee off times where they can walk around and not get bollocked on the golf course when they miss the target or shank the ball".

Parting shot from the soapbox: "Goodbye and I wish I could say it was a pleasure".
  • Options

Actually made me laugh out loud 😂😂

If you don't mind I'll be adding this to my vlog assuming he's still in the dugout for Northampton,

Unreal 
  • Options

I'm sure we've had live tweets direct from the press conferences before. This sounds well off to me.
  • Options

I'm sure we've had live tweets direct from the press conferences before. This sounds well off to me.
    Not for quite a long time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thanks. Made me burst out laughing in a silent office and three people came over so see what I was looking at. 

One of the best posts ever;
  • Options
    edited January 22
    That press conference release from Richard Crawley is utterly bizarre. Am I the only person who feels that way ?
    It feels TOO formal - Almost as if to ensure there can be no uncertainty / doubt over any of the quotes

e.g. “I did take training this morning and yes this is me now – it’s not pre-recorded.”

Nothing wrong with this approach, but why not just do that all the time if this is normal behaviour?
  • Options
    Just delusional
  • Options
    That press conference release from Richard Crawley is utterly bizarre. Am I the only person who feels that way ?
    It feels TOO formal - Almost as if to ensure there can be no uncertainty / doubt over any of the quotes

e.g. “I did take training this morning and yes this is me now – it’s not pre-recorded.”

Nothing wrong with this approach, but why not just do that all the time if this is normal behaviour?
    I think that just means he's aware of the rumour and how theories pass around. It was a bad attempt at a joke IMO
  • Options
    Cheers for the updates Richard,.Trust your boss was happywith the hits.
    Only so many of the press you can relay on ,You are one of them.😄

• Options
    Video of today’s press conference is on the OS

https://www.charltonafc.com/video/player/0_tx0zg0g0
  • Options
    edited January 22
    So Pep and Arteta are performing seals !

Even in the surreal world of Charlton Athletic I can only Believe that the ITK's didn't pick up on he has one last chance to get a good 100 minute performance or at lease fluke a win.

Another Turkey tomorrow evening and he will know what Andy Scott is going to say.

The only person I can remember being sacked straight after a press conference was Leroy Rosenior as there had been a take over at Torquay.
    That was Surreal as the press conference was about the fact Leroy had just been appointed and he lasted 10 minutes !

Football is bonkers.
  • Options
    simply has to win tomorrow night with a convincing performance or I'm sure he's gone, I suspect he's been told that too
  • Options
    So Pep and Arteta are performing seals !

Even in the surreal world of Charlton Athletic I can only Believe that the ITK's didn't pick up on he has one last chance to get a good 100 minute performance or at lease fluke a win.

Another Turkey tomorrow evening and he will know what Andy Scott is going to say.

The only person I can remember being sacked straight after a press conference was Leroy Rosenior as there had been a take over at Torquay.
    That was Surreal as the press conference was about the fact Leroy had just been appointed and he lasted 10 minutes !

Football is bonkers.
    To be fair Pep and Arteta get on my tits sometimes.
    I mean, I like to see managers/coaches being pro-active on the touchline - taking the opportunity to pass instructions, bawl out a player not doing his job etc.
    But celebrating goals like 10 year old children  - ffs show a bit of dignity. Leave the excessive celebrations to the players