Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Have any Charlton players improved under Appleton?

I could name loads that have got worse or not improved

Comments

• Options
    AMB, looks a shocking. I thought he showed real promise, but now looks like he is struggling with the basics. Cant address any defending weakness until the keeper is sorted.
  • Options
    Yeah...the opponents' players
  • Options
    No.

At the start of the season I was mightily impressed with Anderson & T. Campbell. They have regressed terribly over the past few months. 
  • Options
    AMB, looks a shocking. I thought he showed real promise, but now looks like he is struggling with the basics. Cant address any defending weakness until the keeper is sorted.
    I somehow thought I was the only one who thought this.
  • Options
    The ones I can think of, name May and Hector, were already capable of hitting their levels previously. With May it was finding a way to get him into a side with wingers, namely playing him as a 10, and that was an excellent decision from Apples.

With Hector it was just massively cutting down on mistakes. 

I might make a case for Kanu but I think a lot of those is just getting more experience. And he doesn't look a world beater.

So in short no, and I think that is a very key way to judge a manager. 
  • Options
    I don't think that's on Apples, he's showing the same flaws he showed last year, decision making, lack of ability under the high ball, and positioning. He is a very good Reactionary shot stopper, but everything else needs work. 
  • Options
    Kanu

But that was only because he got away from Appleton and went to Southend 

If anything he has slightly regressed since being back with Appleton 
    Disagree. He looked better in his early season cameos than he has done since 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can’t think of one player that has improved under Appleton. Time to get rid now!!
  • Options
    I'd replace "any players" with "anything", and the answer would still be no...
  • Options
    Surely it is confidence, when you are not winning and losing too many games, it must make the players feel like, what's the point, when they go down goal. You need a manager that will instill confidence, not MA standing there with his hands in his pockets, saying nothing
  • Options
    All the young ones, as was foretold.
  • Options
    edited January 22
    Even Appleton hasn’t improved, so what chances do the others have?
  • Options
    Easiest answer so far this year !!

NONE ! Plenty have got worse though

• Options
    The ones out of the team
  • Options
    The ones that have left the club 
  • Options
    The reputation of Karel Fraeye has definitely improved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No
  • Options
    Albie Morgan has.