Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Curtis Fleming to replace Appleton?

Assuming Appleton does not ride the storm, I am sure Fleming has been brought in with an eye on the current situation and the possibility of a change of manager.

The timing of his appointment I feel was telling.  Appleton probably sees himself as a dead man walking.

Comments

• Options
    Didn’t sound like Appleton had any say in the appointment, which was weird. Fleming has worked with Pearson before. 
  • Options
    But why would you let a man who you are going to give one more game the opportunity to bring in staff. They can’t be considering it
  • Options
    But why would you let a man who you are going to give one more game the opportunity to bring in staff. They can’t be considering it
    Exactly. 
    Clowns the lot of em
  • Options
    Think the inference is that it wasn’t Appleton’s choice.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Bob Fleming would do a better job than Appleton 
    even the late Ian Fleming .. the name's Bond, Brooke Bond , P G Tips
  • Options
    Was Fleming the other bald/ing bloke on the touch line that actually seemed to be giving orders?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Was Fleming the other bald/ing bloke on the touch line that actually seemed to be giving orders?
    Yeah and also the bloke that did half go over to the supporters at FT I believe (Could be wrong)
  • Options
    Isn’t that what they tried to do to Holden - bring in someone to work with him - he refused and was gone ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If/when Appleton goes, I'm guessing Fleming will be forced on a new manager? It would be interesting to see what happens to the coach Appleton wanted! I'm assuming he will go and the new guy gets to bring in one!
  • Options
    Michael Duff incoming I hope. 
    This current clown has got to go. 

Tonight he came out with the “stick together “ line - which is relegation talk. 
  • Options
    I think they’ve tied themselves up in knots a bit 
  • Options
    Assuming Appleton does not ride the storm, I am sure Fleming has been brought in with an eye on the current situation and the possibility of a change of manager.

The timing of his appointment I feel was telling.  Appleton probably sees himself as a dead man walking.

He looks like a dead man walking. 
  • Options
    It’s obviously not working but I’m sorry to say that I just don’t think Appleton is close to the sack. Presumably Scott and Methven were the people that chose him and I think they’ll give him the chance with the new squad to turn it around. 
    I think he'll be gone by the morning.
  • Options
    It’s obviously not working but I’m sorry to say that I just don’t think Appleton is close to the sack. Presumably Scott and Methven were the people that chose him and I think they’ll give him the chance with the new squad to turn it around. 
    Agreed. I reckon he'll get until the middle of February, to see what he can do with both the new players but also the new assistant Curtis Fleming.
  • Options
    I think he'll be gone by the morning.
    Lets hope so, I can't see how he is going to motivate the team or fans, time to go.
  • Options
    What will Conor’s parents think about if he is gone ? 😉😆😆
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree. The fact that he is obviously having a say in the incoming players suggests that he will be given time. 
  • Options
    Isn’t that what they tried to do to Holden - bring in someone to work with him - he refused and was gone ? 
    ‘Someone’ was Chris Powell.
  • Options
    edited January 21
    I can’t see it myself. Fleming has almost no history of being a manager / head coach.

Think we, as a fanbase, have become so fixated on the idea of MA being relieved of his duties that we can’t comprehend anything else as a possibility
  • Options
    Is this true? Not heard that before
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    You must have been taking a break from the forum/working too hard @cantersaddick, very widely discussed at the time. 
  • Options

Should resign and then everyone saves face.
  • Options
    You must have been taking a break from the forum/working too hard @cantersaddick, very widely discussed at the time. 
    I totally missed this too tbf. Maybe they’ll approach Powell to come back.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:

Should resign and then everyone saves face.
    Officially he'll resign.
    He's not going to jack it in and lose thousands.