Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Can we still make the play offs?

No. We can’t. So give ya heads a wobble you lunatics. 

Comments

• Options
    No but we should try to. What we need is to have a platform where we don't need to do too much in the Summer. And we need to have a team with bite. It is essential in this league.
  • Options
    Football is a crazy game!
  • Options
    No. But if you follow the Ipswich example (oh how we all laughed at them for a few years buying everyone up to still be 11th and 12th for a few years) i'll take a positive end to the season.

We are just having a proper run up for next season so lets get into the winning habit and keep attracting players that have done it before.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Ok I will stick my neck out ask why not ??? If we string 4/5 straight victories starting tomorrow things can look very different 
    Because in 20 games we have to secure 20 more points than what Oxford / Barnsley do, and better than every other team in between, some we are giving up 16 points head start 
  • Options
    Not 6th, but think 8th is do able if we can put form together.
  • Options
    Yes we can... My Mummy told me that you can achieve anything if you put your mind to it - Its why I have a date with Margot Robbie tomorrow, although I've had to stop her escaping five times already. 
  • Options
    edited January 19
    Course we can...it ain't over till it's over... 60 points to play for....

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 19
    Yes we can... My Mummy told me that you can achieve anything if you put your mind to it - Its why I have a date with Margot Robbie tomorrow, although I've had to stop her escaping five times already. 
    That's my boy...🙄
  • Options
    Statistically we can. Reality says not a cat in hells chance. 

Top 10 would be good going. 
  • Options
    Until it’s mathematically impossible we have nothing to lose by aiming for it.

We would however need to go on a fantastic run and lose no more than 3-4 of the remaining 20 games to end with over 70 points (with most of the other 16 being wins)
  • Options
    assuming that 75 points is enough we would have to win 15 out of 20 games remaining just for playoffs btw so err yeah... realism is required I think this season, as good as the window has been.
  • Options
    Bringing new players in to a struggling team can be difficult for them to blend in.
    Or in another way, what is to say these guys will be a success?
    We have got a s*** February coming up and I would not be surprised if our points return is not what we want.
    Sorry to put a dampner on today's euphoria.
  • Options
    Bringing new players in to a struggling team can be difficult for them to blend in.
    Or in another way, what is to say these guys will be a success?
    We have got a s*** February coming up and I would not be surprised if our points return is not what we want.
    Sorry to put a dampner on today's euphoria.
    Oi you had a bad day, lighten up, there’s plenty of others on here waiting to p155 on our chips 😉
  • Options
    Alas not. We're just too far behind.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Ok I will stick my neck out ask why not ??? If we string 4/5 straight victories starting tomorrow things can look very different 
    We won’t even win tomorrow!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    win the next six then ask again then.
  • Options
    Of course we can. Oh, there’s another pig flying past the window.
  • Options
    When was the last time we won 2 league games in a row? 
  • Options
    Football is a crazy game!
    Not that fucking crazy 
  • Options
    As excited as I am by all these new signings there is no way we are making the play offs, there is no guarantee that all the new players will gel and even if they do it could be a few weeks before we see them settled in and at their best, we should keep looking over our shoulder to make sure we maintain the gap between us and the teams below us, have a good look at the players we’ve brought in during the remainder of the season then make any necessary adjustments to the squad in the next window and give a real go next season.
  • Options
    When was the last time we won 2 league games in a row? 
    Last March...
  • Options
    It wouldn't matter if there was 3000 points to play for we aren't good enough.
  • Options
    edited January 19
    I'd just like to win an actual game to be honest.

I'm in the camp of let's get safe first then start to look in closer detail at what we bought and if any of the loans are worth a punt in the summer.

What is definitely not in doubt now is that Mickey boy can't hide behind injuries and kids... so the next few games will be interesting, failure to still win games will see him replaced no question. 
    this word for word entirely right in my opinion.

maybe it is the cynisist in me but i feel like the board have given him his rope now. No more excuses.

edit (3 edits to learn the spelling of cynisist)