Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Ranking - Jan 2024

edited January 17 in General Charlton
With thanks to @lancashire lad for the stats, I thought it might be useful to list the players rankings at roughly half way through the season, and a little more than half way through the January window.
4 appearances minimum requirement.

1. Aneke 6.83 (5 Apps)
  2. L Watson 6.67
  3. May 6.51
  4. Dobson 6.42
  5. AMB 6.37
  6. Jones 6.32
  7. McGrandles 6.20
  8. CBT 6.16
  9. Assimwe 6.13
  10. Leaburn  6.08
  11. T Thomas 6.08
  12. Hector 6.06
  13. Isted 6.02
  14. Ness 6.01 (6 Apps)
  15. T Watson 5.99
  16. Edun 5.98
  17. Camara 5.87 (4 Apps)
  18. Kanu 5.78
  19. T Campbell 5.73
  20. Fraser 5.64
  21. C Campbell 5.62
  22. Anderson 5.49
  23. Tedic 5.39
L Watson is clearly a fans favourite.
Shows how much we miss Chuks.
Kanu had three or four extremely low low scores, which skewed his overall average.
Jones is clearly the highest rated defender.
Assimwe is more highly rated than Anderson, interestingly.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 17
    Lies, damned lies and statistics!!  If Chuks or L Watson win player of the year I’ll eat my hat. 
  • Options
    Seems high for AMB. not been impressed this season
  • Options
    Seems high for AMB. not been impressed this season
    6.37 is pretty average. That he's 5th is a reflection of how badly the rest of the squad has played...
  • Options
    A predictable, but nevertheless, disappointing set of low numbers there. I don't know how anybody else attaches meaning to their Statbank scores, but for me 6 is a kind of passable performance (it's the lowest score I think of being acceptable); seven is a good solid performance. Looking at that list, nine players haven't even averaged the minimum acceptable level and none have averaged scored that I'd think of as good.  No wonder the 'disillusioned' thread was doing such a roaring trade the other day.  
  • Options
    6 for me is quite good. Seven is very good, and anything above that is outstanding.
    5 is poor, but not awful.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    6 for me is quite good. Seven is very good, and anything above that is outstanding.
    There should be something between poor and quite good surely .  To me , 7 is good , 6 is mixed , 5 is poor .  
  • Options
    Reflects our position in the table 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I usually start with 7 being the "standard" and adjust accordingly. Dont think this season I've given more than an 8 or lower than a 5.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    There should be something between poor and quite good surely .  To me , 7 is good , 6 is mixed , 5 is poor .  
    Yeah 5 is sort a bit poor, a bit average. Meh, in other words. 
  • Options
    Asiimwe being above Hector...says a lot. As does the fact that CBT is 8th and LW 2nd.
  • Options
    Aneke 5 appearances lol not sure we can really judge much or say we miss him, pathetic 
  • Options
    Aneke 5 appearances lol not sure we can really judge much or say we miss him, pathetic 
    Anyone who think we don’t miss Chuks is … I don’t know, deluded? Of course we miss him. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Asiimwe being above Hector...says a lot. As does the fact that CBT is 8th and LW 2nd.
    Yes I was very surprised by that. I guess Corey has quiet games where he gets marked down a lot, and Watson was/is fairly reliable?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Anyone who think we don’t miss Chuks is … I don’t know, deluded? Of course we miss him. 
    He has been injured, its not like we had a choice. Yes he might have made a big difference and would have been handy to have along side Alfie. But still to be ranked no1 with 5 games is laughable 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    He has been injured, it’s not like we had a choice. Yes he might have made a big difference and would have been handy to have along side Alfie. But still to be ranked no1 with 5 games is laughable 
    It’s just counting. I put 5 apps next to his score to highlight the fact that it’s only based on 5 matches. 
    It’s not all that serious a deal though, and I don’t think anyone’s going to be voting him as our player of the season. 
  • Options
    Aneke played 5 games.
    We won 3, drew 2, that's 11 points from 5 games and guaranteed automatic promotion form.
    Can we say we miss him?
    Yes without a shadow of a doubt.
  • Options
    Aneke played 5 games.
    We won 3, drew 2, that's 11 points from 5 games and guaranteed automatic promotion form.
    Can we say we miss him?
    Yes without a shadow of a doubt.
    The trouble is of course we miss him regularly!