Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2023-24 CL Prediction Knock-Out Cup 1st Round Draw

The balls were placed in the velvet bag, shaken around a bit and pulled out by two unknown ex-players who made 3 and 2 appearances, respectively, for the reserves in the 1970s.

So, this is the draw for 1st Round of this year's Prediction Knock-Out Cup. Winners go through to the 2nd Round; losers are entered into the Johnstone Paint Prediction Cup.

The ties will take place over the weekend of 6th/7th January, with replays, where needed, the following week. Good luck, and feel free to banter with or taunt your opponent.

The rules appear in the next post.

The draw
Curbsgoldenera (75) [Lg2] v. Elthamaddick (113) [Nat]
ken_shabby (86) [Lg2] v. Tutt-Tutt (107) [Nat]
Saulc23 (94) [Nat] v. Sonicstud85 (12) [Prem]
Bods64 (69) [Lg2] v. Bournemouth Addick (33) [Champ]
dajavouslagan (50) [Lg1] v. alan dugdale (123) [Nat Sth]
LeeValliant (64) [Lg1] v. Mendonca In Asdas (87) [Lg2]
CL_Phantom (49) [Lg1] v. Taxi_Lad (39) [Champ]
T_C_E (129) [Nat Sth] v. stonemuse (21) [Champ]
Charlton_Stu (60) [Lg1] v. GetYerCoreyOut (119) [Nat Sth]
Lordflashheart (125) [Nat Sth] v. 56yearsofdreams (58) [Lg1]
Rudders22 (28) [Champ] v. Pedro45 (71) [Lg2]
jakecafc (77) [Lg2] v. philcafc (82) [Lg2]
RC_CAFC (46) [Lg1] v. lindos480 (44) [Champ]
Addick Addict (47) [Lg1] v. Blackheathen (109) [Nat]
thecat (1) [Prem] v. Jonniesta (10) [Prem]
SaySomething (88) [Lg2] v. Redmidland (54) [Lg1]
soapboxsam (95) [Nat] v. seth plum (102) [Nat]
stackitsteve (13) [Prem] v. Hamlet (116) [Nat]
Joshb2000 (11) [Prem] v. charscot (89) [Lg2]
rananegra (19) [Prem] v. DyerConsequences (37) [Champ]
redlanered (27) [Champ] v. sarge1g (118) [Nat Sth]
tommo (128) [Nat Sth] v. TimAddick (73) [Lg2]
Sillybilly (20) [Prem] v. sholland (84) [Lg2]
chezzafromcharlton (74) [Lg2] v. ChicagoAddick (41) [Champ]
Bangkokaddick (59) [Lg1] v. covered_end_junior (36) [Champ]
moutuakilla (26) [Champ] v. JamesSeed (62) [Lg1]
mrbligh (100) [Nat] v. NorthheathAddick (52) [Lg1]
AFKABartram (48) [Lg1] v. paulie8290 (38) [Champ]
Low_Ears (51) [Lg1] v. Starinnaddick (55) [Lg1]
IdleHans (104) [Nat] v. Dansk_Red (30) [Champ]
MrLargo (18) [Prem] v. addix (3) [Prem]
Beardface (6) [Prem] v. bellz2002 (67) [Lg1]
Nicholas (4) [Prem] v. Bill_Stumps (5) [Prem]
WHAddick (108) [Nat] v. croydonaddick (124) [Nat Sth]
ecclesaddick (17) [Prem] v. StrikerFirmani (120) [Nat Sth]
throughthickandthin (103) [Nat] v. barstool (16) [Prem]
WestSussexAddick (15) [Prem] v. Scott (83) [Lg2]
Buglehorn (24) [Champ] v. Bedsaddick (23) [Champ]
No.1 in South London (93) [Nat] v. clive (90) [Lg2]
timken (96) [Nat] v. thai malaysia addick (85) [Lg2]
meldrew66 (99) [Nat] v. johnnybev1987 (63) [Lg1]
paulbaconsarnie (32) [Champ] v. blackpool72 (68) [Lg1]
GeorgeE (114) [Nat] v. RaplhMilne (72) [Lg2]
Seabros (106) [Nat] v. Paddy Powell (65) [Lg1]
Webbja77 (57) [Lg1] v. Covered End (8) [Prem]
Billyboy (126) [Nat Sth] v. PaddyP17 (45) [Lg1]
Karim_myBagheri (127) [Nat Sth] v. RickAddick (117) [Nat Sth]
charente addick (34) [Champ] v. Chicken_Skins (35) [Champ]
Wellred (111) [Nat] v. ThreadKiller (66) [Lg1]
Chris_from_Sidcup (29) [Champ] v. Lewis Coaches (43) [Champ]
lancashire lad (98) [Nat] v. Viewfinder (14) [Prem]
cafcwill (40) [Champ] v. Macronate (31) [Champ]
killerandflash (79) [Lg2] v. Dazzler21 (112) [Nat]
BR7_addick (70) [Lg2] v. Dannoo_86 (42) [Champ]
walshiesleftfoot (22) [Champ] v. Killarahales (78) [Lg2]
Kap10 (92) [Lg2] v. flyingkiwiDK (9) [Prem]
Frankie_de_Toro (61) [Lg1] v. Rossman92 (134) [Nat Sth]
Tavern (56) [Lg1] v. LenGlover (80) [Lg2]
fat man on a moped (91) [Lg2] v. The Red Robin (110) [Nat]
Big_Bob (7) [Prem] v. theeenorth (121) [Nat Sth]
Swerve (115) [Nat] v. North Lower Neil (105) [Nat]
MrOneLung (81) [Lg2] v. GoOnYouHaddocks (25) [Champ]
BertieB (97) [Nat] v. Chippycafc (2) [Prem]
ParkinsonOut (53) [Lg1] v. oohaahmortimer (101) [Nat]

Comments

• Options

Here are the Prediction Knock-Out Cup (and Johnstones Paint Prediction Cup) rules...

1.       For each round of the Prediction Knock-Out Cup, you will face a fellow competitor. As per the rules, the top 128 predictors in Prediction League on Christmas Day are included in this year’s competition.

2.       Your score for the Prediction League will count as the score in the Cup. For each tie, the competitor with the higher score will proceed to the next round.

3.       Rounds will take place over two weeks. Where the first game is a draw, a replay will take place the following week.

4.       If both games result in a draw, the winner will be decided on the following criteria:

·         The competitor who gets closer to the total number of goals predicted to the actual number of goals in the predicted games will be deemed to ‘win on penalties’. Where a competitor makes less than three predictions, a difference of five goals will be allocated for each missing game.

·         If the difference is the same for both competitors, each predicted game will be compared in the order posted. The points scored for the first prediction will be compared to decide who ‘wins on penalties’. If this is a tie, the total number of goals scored will be compared (as described above). If the first prediction is a tie, the second prediction is compared and, if necessary, the third.

·          If there is still no winner, the competitor most recently scoring higher than their opponent will win. For example, if two matches are drawn in weeks 20 and 21, the player getting the higher score in week 19 would be deemed to ‘win on penalties’. If week 19 were also a draw, week 18 would be used as the decider and so on.

5.       You must make predictions to score points in the Prediction Knock-Out Cup. In the League, you can miss three predictions for which you receive the average weekly score. Competitors not making an entry will score no points in the Prediction Knock-Out Cup even if they receive the week’s average score in the League.

6.       Where there is a drawn replay for which both players have chosen the same games, the player posting first will be deemed to ‘win on penalties’, and rule 4 will not apply.

7.       Losers in the 1st Round of the Prediction Knock-Out Cup are automatically entered into the less prestigious Johnstones Paint Prediction Cup.

8.       Losers in the 1st Round of the Johnstones Paint Prediction Cup are automatically entered into the even less prestigious Exceptionally Failing Losers Pizza Cup (or EFL Pizza Cup for short).

• Options
    I am.honoured to be playing the master of the ship and am.confident of victory 
  • Options
    timken said:
    I am.honoured to be playing the master of the ship and am.confident of victory 
    I think you should be confident of victory; I never get anywhere in the Prediction Cup. I checked your form and can see that you have been doing well in recent weeks. I predict a 3-1 win for you (secretly hoping to make you over-confident).
  • Options
    Yikes... doesn't get any harder. Away @thecat. Hoping I can scrape a replay.
  • Options
    Thank you Thai, completely forgot about the live draw, still I was washing my hair at the time 😆
    I look forward to starting the defense of my title against a team from Eltham I see.
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    Yikes... doesn't get any harder. Away @thecat. Hoping I can scrape a replay.
    But every dog has its day
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Thank you Thai, completely forgot about the live draw, still I was washing my hair at the time 😆
    I look forward to starting the defense of my title against a team from Eltham I see.
    It’ll be a bit like Cray Valley Paper Mills coming to the Valley (in the Curbs’ days, of course) - big day out.
  • Options
    two non descript teams at the top of league one against bottom of the championship, reeks of Charlton vs Huddersfield where one of us will probably end up winning 1-0 in a drab affair
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    Yikes... doesn't get any harder. Away @thecat. Hoping I can scrape a replay

I wouldn't worry, my luck is bound to run out soon...
  • Options
    Got National League opposition, so will be rotating my squad. That usually works out...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thecat said:
    Jonniesta said:
    Yikes... doesn't get any harder. Away @thecat. Hoping I can scrape a replay

I wouldn't worry, my luck is bound to run out soon...
    I’ve got @thecat down for a unique double: Premier League title and Exceptionally Failing Losers Cup Winner.
  • Options
    Good luck SF. May the best man win.
  • Options
    Oh dear, I was hoping for a home tie. Now I've got the additional stress of worrying about what away kit to choose so I can colour co-ordinate with the opposition!
  • Options
    Away to a Premier League team, no pressure and good gate receipts hopefully. Big day out and then we can focus on other competitions.
  • Options
    Pleased to have @paulie8290 in a home draw. Hope to race into an early lead while he’s still outside the ground flogging his dirty magazines 
  • Options
    edited January 3
    Pleased to have @paulie8290 in a home draw. Hope to race into an early lead while he’s still outside the ground flogging his dirty magazines 
    Once I explained the seriousness of this and how much it means to all of Charlton Life and the Charlton fanbase that I beat you in round 1 I was given a well deserved break so I could fully focus on this and prepare properly.

Game on 😉