Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How close are we to our free pint ? (Oxford ticket incentive)

2»

Comments

• I think we have a large number of season ticket holders who don’t go coz they’ve seen enough / been worn down but r fortunate enough to still be able to support in some way - if hand on heart u don’t have something better to do on a Saturday afternoon than watch 10 dead rubbers - midst are only still there for the social with friends and family 
  • Croydon said:
    DOUCHER said:
    i think crowds are going to hit record lows now - season is over - gonna be like attending them cup reserve games from now on - can't take another second half of a season like this - its a waste of a saturday afternoon and if i'm feeling like that then i expect most are - there's no badges or medals handed out for this unwavering loyalty in the face of such rubbish - i've paid for my season ticket - as i always do and will  - however, i've done my bit but enoughs enough - please spare me having to actually attend   

Supporting a team and club goes beyond merely a financial contribution by buying a season ticket.  Turning up an cheering the team on/ being the cliché 12th man. It's not about kudos or medals or being a better supporter...it's about supporting the team on a match day.

Watching on Charlton tv or buying a season ticket and not going is not supporting the team albeit it is a financial contribution it's not supporting when it matters e.g 3pm on a Saturday.

I think Millwall must get 10 points a season at home each year through intimidating the opponents for certain games for example. Whilst we'll never have that same culture to the same degree when you look at games like Doncaster playoff semi the crowd and atmosphere undoubtably helped in getting a win out of a game that was all but lost a couple of times.

Getting behind the players and/ or giving them a rocket when they deserve it surely helps rather than them playing in a 2 thirds empty stadium in a pre season atmosphere.
    Millwall’s home ‘intimidation’ is a thing of the past. Grow up 
    Bizaree response.
    So you believe a half full Den is worth 10 points a season ? 
    I think you telling him to grow up is bizarre. Acknowledging that the den is a tough place to visit is a widely accepted view in football. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    When players appear to not be trying it can quite often be something else - it’s normally when they don’t believe in what the manager is doing and have banged their heads on a brick wall for too long - that doesn’t excuse CBT though - he’s just downed tools 
    Or that players won't come out of their comfort zone.
  • Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    DOUCHER said:
    i think crowds are going to hit record lows now - season is over - gonna be like attending them cup reserve games from now on - can't take another second half of a season like this - its a waste of a saturday afternoon and if i'm feeling like that then i expect most are - there's no badges or medals handed out for this unwavering loyalty in the face of such rubbish - i've paid for my season ticket - as i always do and will  - however, i've done my bit but enoughs enough - please spare me having to actually attend   

Supporting a team and club goes beyond merely a financial contribution by buying a season ticket.  Turning up an cheering the team on/ being the cliché 12th man. It's not about kudos or medals or being a better supporter...it's about supporting the team on a match day.

Watching on Charlton tv or buying a season ticket and not going is not supporting the team albeit it is a financial contribution it's not supporting when it matters e.g 3pm on a Saturday.

I think Millwall must get 10 points a season at home each year through intimidating the opponents for certain games for example. Whilst we'll never have that same culture to the same degree when you look at games like Doncaster playoff semi the crowd and atmosphere undoubtably helped in getting a win out of a game that was all but lost a couple of times.

Getting behind the players and/ or giving them a rocket when they deserve it surely helps rather than them playing in a 2 thirds empty stadium in a pre season atmosphere.
    Millwall’s home ‘intimidation’ is a thing of the past. Grow up 
    Bizaree response.
    So you believe a half full Den is worth 10 points a season ? 
    I think you telling him to grow up is bizarre. Acknowledging that the den is a tough place to visit is a widely accepted view in football. 
    The old den maybe 
  • According to most recent email from the club, we are close to reaching prize 3 (12k tickets sold)  
  • According to most recent email from the club, we are close to reaching prize 3 (12k tickets sold)  
    Based on the last few games we won't sell any more
  • sam3110 said:
    According to most recent email from the club, we are close to reaching prize 3 (12k tickets sold)  
    2000 away fans and 10k STs?
  • Croydon said:
    sam3110 said:
    According to most recent email from the club, we are close to reaching prize 3 (12k tickets sold)  
    Do we have 10k season tickets?
  • I’m hoping for at least 10 free pints.
    Seeing as you only get 7 chips,  reckon you got 2 hopes and ones Bob
  • se9addick said:
    Croydon said:
    sam3110 said:
    No a couple of thousand less than that figure 
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:
    se9addick said:
    Croydon said:
    sam3110 said:
    No a couple of thousand less than that figure 
    Ah ok.
  • Assume there’s plenty of us who have season tickets knowing that we won’t attend all 23 home matches. Problem with the mid table rubbish is that it’s very easy to turn missing 3 or 4 games into 7 or 8 games.

The only real marketing campaign the club needs to shift tickets is to win matches. A good January window, followed by plenty of wins and people will believe that summer recruitment can have us challenging again. Another window like January last season and it will be a target 5k campaign for home matches.
  • So was this a success or not?
  • So was this a success or not?
    Fell short in the end, just like the team.
  • edited January 2
    The club can't even achieve a  promotion off the pitch either it seems.

Too many yes men at the club and people that don't have the passion for it/out of touch with our fanbase. 

It's mad but I'm already just hoping for the next roll of the dice on owners. Think this lot might be worse than Sandgaard. That bloke actually had the ambition but was just ill informed and too arrogant to get the help he needed. If he had the right people around him and not a bunch of yes sirs but proper football people, we would be in a great position.  

Now we have the mysterons who haven't a scooby fkn do
  • edited January 2
    Answer to original question.

We were a long way away from a free pint.
  • Official attendance was 13,955, for the (dodgy) record. 
  • Anybody heard from the 4 lucky prize winners?