Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Orient away; travel and parking

I can't see any thread about this so far.

So with no trains, travel becomes a problem for a lot of us. However I do believe there are tubes running.

So 2 options for us it appears:

1. Drive all the way. But was is parking like? is there any? 

2. Drive somewhere and get a tube. Maybe the O2 and jubilee line to Stratford which I believe is about 1.5 miles away. Hopefully we can get in the Underground car park there, Any comments? 

Any other suggestions or comments (sensible please!) would be welcome.

Comments

• Options
    Should be able to get a DLR from Woolwich Arsenal to Stratford, and it’s then one stop on the Central Line to Leyton. 
  • Options
    DLR to Canning Town, Jubilee Line to Stratford, Central Line to Leyton 
  • Options

Boxing Day - Tuesday 26 December

Bus 

• Sunday service on all day routes

Tube

• Sunday service
    • First trains from 07:00 (reaching central London around 07:45)
    • Reduced service from 20:00
    • Normal Sunday finish times

London Overground

Gospel Oak-Barking Riverside

• No service

Euston-Watford Junction

• No service

Liverpool Street-Enfield Town/Cheshunt/Chingford

• No service

Romford-Upminster

• No service

Highbury & Islington-West Croydon/Clapham Junction/Crystal Palace

• Limited service 08:15-22:15
    • Trains running between New Cross Gate and Crystal Palace only

Richmond/Clapham Junction-Stratford

• Limited service running 09:00-20:00
    • Trains running between Clapham and Shepherd's Bush only

DLR

• First trains from 08:30
    • Normal weekday service
    • No service between Canary Wharf and Westferry/Poplar

Elizabeth line

• No service

Trams

• Sunday service

Woolwich Ferry

• No service

Driving and paying to drive

• The Congestion Charge does not operate today - you don't need to pay
    • You may have to pay the ULEZ or LEZ if your vehicle doesn't meet emissions standards
    https://tfl.gov.uk/status-updates/major-works-and-events/26-december#on-this-page-9
  • Options
    Woolwich Arsenal on the DLR is also open. You can get to Stratford that way.

From Stratford , it's a short ride on the Central Line to Leyton
  • Options
    Tube
    Jubilee Line from North Greenwich to Stratford, then Central Line to Leyton, then 10 minute walk to ground.

DLR

Woolwich Arsenal/ Greenwich to Stratford, then Central Line to Leyton, then 10 minute walk to Ground.
  • Options
    I've driven & parked before - never again. It's like Gillingham but only worse. Lots of side streets but parking very limited (especially on Boxing Day I would have thought with people having visitors). I think last time I parked infront of a shop but that was an evening game.
  • Options
    Don't  forget if driving Westfield at Stratford, normally mayhem Boxing Day.
  • Options
    1pm kick off in case anybody has forgotten 
  • Options
    What’s the pub situation like?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    The coach & Horses nearest the away end (on Leyton high road is a home one pub (no away fans). Recommend the Red Lion Pub Leytonstone High Road ( 2 min walk from Leytonstone station- one stop from Leyton on Central line) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redman said:

So with no trains, travel becomes a problem for a lot of us. However I do believe there are tubes running.

2. Drive somewhere and get a tube. Maybe the O2 and jubilee line to Stratford which I believe is about 1.5 miles away. Hopefully we can get in the Underground car park there, Any comments? 

We'll be driving & have booked a parking space at Stratford Intl Carpark E 20 via Your Parking Space , costing £5.75 from 11.30 onwards until 4pm.

Walk to the Ground apprx 22 mins.

We've used this company to park at away games on several occasions & no problems whatsover so far. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Drink in Walthamstow, then 10 minutes on a bus.
  • Options
    All the parking in the local area and a fair bit beyond is residents only permit parking, not sure if it’s being enforced. I’m in the fortunate position that due to my job my work vehicle has permit for the area so I’ll be parking close by. 

I suppose an option would be parking at Westfield but bear in mind how busy that will be with Boxing Day sales on. 
  • Options
    redman said:

We'll be driving & have booked a parking space at Stratford Intl Carpark E 20 via Your Parking Space , costing £5.75 from 11.30 onwards until 4pm.

We've used this company to park at away games on several occasions & no problems whatsover so far. 
    Just taken your advice and booked a space on that website.

Life saver as I was totally unaware of the parking restrictions and would’ve just turned up and panicked!
  • Options
    Are there parking restrictions though? Am I reading it right that all parking bays are suspended? Does they include those in the CPZ??

• Options
    Nice & easy away game to get to for us today
    looking forward the game Hopefully we will get the win 
    COYR   B)
  • Options
    For those travelling on the jubilee from west of Bermondsey you’ll probably be sharing a carriage with those going to Millwall v QPR which also starts at 1pm 
  • Options
    9 miles / 3.5 hours according to the internet. Are you walking back as well?
  • Options
    ok booked a parking space on just park app. Nothing close but booked one near Leytonstone station, 1 tube station or 40 minutes walk away. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redman said:

good idea. However likely to take you more than 22 minutes to walk, it's about an hour and a half. Also beware shopping traffic around Stratford
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    redman said:
    redman said:

good idea. However likely to take you more than 22 minutes to walk, it's about an hour and a half. Also beware shopping traffic around Stratford
    Can’t be much more than a mile and half in distance. 30 minutes should be okay. 
  • Options
    9 miles / 3.5 hours according to the internet. Are you walking back as well?
    Probably not. If we win by 3 or more I will. Oh god 
  • Options
    Still a lovely day for it! 

• Options
    Shame, we couldn’t park the bus.